i have tech visit

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bobtet

On Vacation
Original poster
Jan 24, 2015
va
called dish with my problem, all my chs not showing on the guide. i have two set ups one for my hopper3 and joey,
another separate dish for my VIP211z.

the 211 is the problem, about half of my chs are missing. called and they can't fix the problem. what can a tech do that couldn't be done over the phone?

i did the refresh on line and rebooted twice. now they are sending a tech??????????
stand by for more on the 19th.............

called dish with my problem, all my chs not showing on the guide. i have two set ups one for my hopper3 and joey,
another separate dish for my VIP211z.

the 211 is the problem, about half of my chs are missing. called and they can't fix the problem. what can a tech do that couldn't be done over the phone?

i did the refresh on line and rebooted twice. now they are sending a tech??????????
stand by for more on the 19th.............
Seriously, why would you want a professional to come out and look at a problem with the equipment that he is the trained expert at fixing?

LNB, Sat not a problem, Wally works fine on the same sat!
with ALL ch's..

Ithink 211 is bad.............just sayin.

Do a check switch on the 211...
I agree about the check switch. I have a DP42 running line 1 to a Hopper and I had replaced my Wally with a VIP211K last month on my line 2. I had to get through multiple resets and a few check switches before the 211K started working appropriately and getting through it's updates. Now my Hopper and 211K are my main workhorses in my house with the TV's on all day LOL.

I agree about the check switch. I have a DP42 running line 1 to a Hopper and I had replaced my Wally with a VIP211K last month on my line 2. I had to get through multiple resets and a few check switches before the 211K started working appropriately and getting through it's updates. Now my Hopper and 211K are my main workhorses in my house with the TV's on all day LOL.
UPDATE..................................OK did the check switch, all OK 61.5 and 72 OK, no change.
reboot . 5 min wait. download guide. wait 10 min............................................................................EUREKA.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all OK now.

thanks to you guys, now call tech and cancel!!!.........canceled on line!

Last edited:
Why in the heck didn't the Dish Rep have them do that?
I can go on an entire tirade about “Why didn’t the guy on the phone…” when it comes to trouble cars that should’ve been easily handled by a CSR. Even today, remote came unpaired from the TV. It happens. They set up a truck roll and because we’re busy it took three days to get there

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)