I have the sw-21...now what?

mattyro

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I have asked about this b4-- I had a fine legacy dish500 set-up. now with VOOM gone I got another sw21 and took my Dish feed out of my 811, connected that feed as well as the 61.5 feed from VOOM to the new sw21. I am only getting 110 and 61.5 when I do a switch check. I tried my 2nd dish feed (I HAD TWO) and that one gets me 119 and 61.5 after check switch. Am I forgetting something?? I tried swapping feeds on the switch--2>1 and 1>2 but no go. After check switch, I should see odd/even with 110,119 and 61.5, right?? I did get the 61.5 channels i.e. Pentagon channel, HD3 Demo channel. Can anyone make this work for me???

one more thing...

b4 anyone asks, let me say after NOT getting all satellites I then remove the new switch and hook my feed directly into the 811. Sure enough I get 110 and 119 just like I should. Why are both satellites available directly but not when combined with 61.5 and ran thru the switch???

You're 100% positive that you have a Legacy TWIN?

If you have Legacy equipment, then it SHOULD work (as long as the switch works). This is how I have mine setup
Legacy Twin and a Legacy Single connected with a SW21 gives me 110/119 & 61.5

sw21

Like Iceberg said are you sure you are legacy all the way and have you done a check-switch after installing the sw21?

maybe i dont have what i think i have

okay--lets assume up on my dish i have something else..how can I tell? i know when I have done previous switchchecks, it said sw-21. so we know I have a sw-21 already. can I tell from my info page what equipment I have?? if I have legacy, is there more than 1 set-up?? I am positive no one has been up on that dish since 2000. w/o the 2nd sw-21 my setup works as it should-- 110 and 119 come up just fine from the one coax feed into my 811. knowing that, isnt there some tried and true method to keep what I have and just add the 3rd satellite? the 3rd bird is good to go-- the times I installed the 2nd sw21, I did get the 61.5 programming nice and clean. how bout an a/b set-up where a is my normal feed and b is 61.5?? I know I will have to run switch checks when I want to see different birds, but thats ok. I have distant nets so I should be elibible for HD-CBS. Cmon guys-- I know somebody out there has my answer!! thanks:clap

ahhhhh...you already have a SW21

You can't cascasde SW21 switches (there is a SW21X switch that Microyal makes that will work)

Best option would be to get a Legacy Twin

(The way to see what tyou have is go to "check switch" and shows info. Switch type right now would be Dish500 (for Legacy Twin) or SW21 (if there is already a SW21 on the line before hooking up 61.5)

When you're done, it would say "3 sat SW21"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts