I hope we get 'Comcast SportsNet Chicago' (Starting October 1st, 2004)

FunkyBoss

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 23, 2004
Chicagoland, IL
According to an article in the Daily Herald:

"All home games in high definition." They will carry Cubs, White Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks games.

"Corno is optimistic that CSN will have a deal in place with the dish companies and other cable systems so that everyone can get the channel by Oct. 1."

Let's hope Voom is considered one of "the dish companies" these days! Full article here...

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_rozner.asp?intid=38231192

I really hope that the owners get decent deals to other operators and it does not become a competitive advantage to Comcast only. I am not in that region and will not get it either but if I live there I would like VOOM to carry it as soon as it is available.

I sent in a request for the channel through Voom's online customer support and received this (canned) response:

We certainly appreciate your interest in having us add Comcast Sports Net Chicago to our program offerings. When making decisions regarding the programming we carry, we look at three things -- customer demand for a channel, channel capacity availability and terms and conditions of the programming agreement with the content provider. We will forward your request onto our programming group. We will also keep your email on file in order to help us make future decisions regarding the VOOM channel lineup. If our programming plans change in the near future, we will notify you via email if you have signed up for email updates on our web site. Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in HDTV!

One of the things they say is "customer demand". So anyone in the Chicago area, please do the same and let's start "demanding" it. :yes

That makes 100% sense, if Chicago was 100 Voomers and Ohio has 2,000 who do you think is getting their RSN HD first? That's just not V* that's how everything in the TV industry works, ratings, viewership, etc... you are right though if all the Chicago Voomers clamor for this, and the rates aren't insane Voom probably will as RSNs I think are big business for any provider.

I could not find the thread on FSN Ohio (taken off?) but would like to know if plans for FSN Ohio has changed. Still don't have it - anyone heard anything?

I'm still holding out hope on this one. You'd have to think it would be a priority to get the sports channels up for NY, Chicago, and LA at the very least.

HeavyC said:
I'm still holding out hope on this one. You'd have to think it would be a priority to get the sports channels up for NY, Chicago, and LA at the very least.
I think Minneapolis should be top priority - everyone in the country should want to watch the league MVP KG this winter... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)