I Need A Copy of LOST from 12/08

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
My 6000's 8vsb hosed so I missed my LOST recording last night, can anyone make me a DVD or VHS copy? I will exchange for another DVD copy of something off of VOOM or HDNET.

Thanks,

Darrell

I shouid have a copy on my 522, Not sure if I have a blank tape tho. Haven't recorded anything on vcr since DVR.

solution to missed OTA HD shows

Hi:
I got sick of my poor reception for Smallville in HD so I got that new HD mediaserver from iodata (the linkplayer). It is an upconverting DVD player as well and it can play mpegs (even HD transfer streams), avi, HD Divx, HD WMV, jpegs, and mp3's. You can either transfer the files onto a CD or DVD from your computer or you can serve them directly from your computer through a LAN connection - either wired or wireless. I have been downloading HD quality avi files of Smallville episodes with bittorrent and then serving them from my computer to the Linkplayer. The server software is included with the Linkplayer and it was really easy to set up. Because the video processing is done in the player your computer only needs to be a PIII 500 Mhz or better - though to use it wireless I think you might want the "G" type of wireless router and even then I seem to have trouble with HD WMV files serving as fast as they are played. They are upgrading the firmware in two weeks to be able to play the few WM9 HD movies with the Digital Rights Management. The thing only cost $249 and you can only buy it from the iodata web site www.iodata.com
Joseph

Joseph thanks for the heads up, but currently I am unemployed and need to got the cheap route, maybe in the future I could do this. I sure would love to build a HTPC for recording OTA.

Thanks dfergie, I really appreciate it.

jnardone said:
Hi:
I got sick of my poor reception for Smallville in HD so I got that new HD mediaserver from iodata (the linkplayer). It is an upconverting DVD player as well and it can play mpegs (even HD transfer streams), avi, HD Divx, HD WMV, jpegs, and mp3's. You can either transfer the files onto a CD or DVD from your computer or you can serve them directly from your computer through a LAN connection - either wired or wireless. I have been downloading HD quality avi files of Smallville episodes with bittorrent and then serving them from my computer to the Linkplayer. The server software is included with the Linkplayer and it was really easy to set up. Because the video processing is done in the player your computer only needs to be a PIII 500 Mhz or better - though to use it wireless I think you might want the "G" type of wireless router and even then I seem to have trouble with HD WMV files serving as fast as they are played. They are upgrading the firmware in two weeks to be able to play the few WM9 HD movies with the Digital Rights Management. The thing only cost $249 and you can only buy it from the iodata web site www.iodata.com
Joseph

When you say HD stream, do you mean a downconvertion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts