I really HATE posts like this about InHD!

theph0xx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 2, 2004
This is from AVS:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=3915519#post3915519

Ken H
AVS HDTV Moderator

"quote:Originally posted by Tigerriot
There you guys go again with your assumption that InHD will be on sattelite providers soon. Why not change that "when" to an "if"."

Because as I have explained before, it's not 'if', it's 'when'.

ARGH, these moderators are killing me with this stuff! Everytime I start to write of InHD on V*, someone with credibility says something similar to above. I really don't think you can get a more credible forum source than an AVS HDTV forum moderator. Except for maybe our own Sean Mota of course :)

Ive heard Ken H. say that a lot. Thats why the Inhd situation really perplexes me. It is in direct conflict to the excuses I get on this forum. My fear is that Dolan thinks he doesnt need inhd1 or 2 or hdnet, that he can create his own content just like it. But he is wrong. The MLS, NHL and MLB games would be an invaluable addition and DOlan just cant deliver that content on his "exclusive" channels.

heck maybe mark cuban will make a hostile bid and take over Voom. we'll get hdnet then for sure. I think Cuban is much more gung ho on hd than this dolan guy.

barth2k said:
heck maybe mark cuban will make a hostile bid and take over Voom. we'll get hdnet then for sure. I think Cuban is much more gung ho on hd than this dolan guy.
Well, I somewhat disagree. I like Cuban's devotion, but he's sunk maybe $150 million while Dolan's sunk near a billion. I don't know how much of their own money's involved, but Dolan started a whole DBS around HD, Cubes just started 2 channels.

Look how long it took ShowHD to get on Directv, something like 2 years and everyone at AVS was saying it was a matter of 'when' & not 'if'. These negotiations take time, be patient.

Guys,

I know what Ken H had said numerous times and I respect his opinion and statement but this is what I heard (in spite of what Ken H has said). No INHD on V* or DBS because Cable will not allow it. Now, I am not saying that it will not happen but this is what I heard. Will it happen in the future? Yes but will it happen before October 2004 (Yes, I would like it as well), I wouldn't put my hopes too high.

Comparrison of Dolan to Cuban???

Dolan launched an entire satellite HDTV service with 21 original 1080i HD channels while Cuban with 2 HD Channels is too busy making a reality show for ABC in 720p to take notice that the HDTV scene is passing him by.

Sean Mota said:
Guys,

I know what Ken H had said numerous times and I respect his opinion and statement but this is what I heard (in spite of what Ken H has said). No INHD on V* or DBS because Cable will not allow it. Now, I am not saying that it will not happen but this is what I heard. Will it happen in the future? Yes but will it happen before October 2004 (Yes, I would like it as well), I wouldn't put my hopes too high.
What is the magic of OCT 2004? If OCT 2004 is in the equation of getting it on Voom then it has nothing to do with this "Cable will not allow it" crap excuse and everything to do with voom doesnt want to give it to us now because they have other plans for that bandwidth.

vurbano said:
What is the magic of OCT 2004? If OCT 2004 is in the equation of getting it on Voom then it has nothing to do with this "Cable will not allow it" crap excuse and everything to do with voom doesnt want to give it to us now because they have other plans for that bandwidth.

Vurbano,

you missunderstood my point. There's nothing to do with bandwith here but more with Cable not wanting to share their "bread & butter" channel. As I said this may change in the future. It could happen tomorrow, within two weeks, within the next month, after october 2004, after october 2005, or never. All I stated is what I heard. Voom's original plan was to carry INHD. Cable opposed to the idea. So if you want to put blame on somebody, put it on the owners of INHD -- Cable.

who cares.. just enjoy the programming you have now, when the time is right they will add these channels. You guys spent more time crying and complaining then actually watching hdtv

Where are my 39 HD channels as of 6/1/04? This is really rich. I suppose when INHD is on Voom, cable will have changed its mind then. LMAO HMMM i wonder why? More money was offered by voom? Or more bandwidth became available. Since we are still missing 2 hd channels and a number of SD ones I would guess that maybe one of those 50mbps transponders on Rainbow1 simply doesnt work?

vurbano said:
Where are my 39 HD channels as of 6/1/04? This is really rich. I suppose when INHD is on Voom, cable will have changed its mind then. LMAO HMMM i wonder why? More money was offered by voom? Or more bandwidth became available. Since we are still missing 2 hd channels and a number of SD ones I would guess that maybe one of those 50mbps transponders on Rainbow1 simply doesnt work?

All these decisions always involved $$$. Look at HDnet, what is holding Mark from giving a contract to VOOM? $$$ that he cannot negotiate yet with Cablevision. So when he states on his emails that he is currently happy with his base subscriber that's nonsense because he could be even happier if he could get a contract with cablevision/voom. Again all of these negotiations involve $$$ because each party is looking for the best contract.

Im glad you finally admitted it. It is not that cable doesnt want to be on DBS. It is because Voom will not come off enough cash! Anyway back to the Mushroom patch for me. (keep us in the dark and feed us more sh$t) lmao

vurbano said:
Im glad you finally admitted it. It is not that cable doesnt want to be on DBS. It is because Voom will not come off enough cash! Anyway back to the Mushroom patch for me. (keep us in the dark and feed us more sh$t) lmao

You sound like you are saying that VOOM is not putting off enough $$$ to pay for the channel. That may not be the entire picture. Maybe the asking price is too high for INHD at this time. How much is it worth? Who knows.

andrzej said:
Guys,
isn't it obvious that it has always been about $$$ not about principles or happiness or good will?
Yes it is obviously about money. Im sure it always has been. The same way it must have been with Dish getting hdnet or directv getting hdnet. Voom obviously cannot come up with the cash for hdnet or inhd. Every negotiation is about money. Every buyer says the price is too high. But this corporate voom line about INhd not wanting to be on satellite has to end. Thats just an excuse from voom because they think the price is too high.

vurbano said:
Yes it is obviously about money. Im sure it always has been. The same way it must have been with Dish getting hdnet or directv getting hdnet. Voom obviously cannot come up with the cash for hdnet or inhd. Every negotiation is about money. Every buyer says the price is too high. But this corporate voom line about INhd not wanting to be on satellite has to end. Thats just an excuse from voom because they think the price is too high.

Vurb,

How much are you willing to pay extra for these channels, so if Voom pays a steep price- can they just pass it on to us? I'd be against that. They have a right to turn a profit. Or at least try.

While it's always about money- it's often about ego. Just look at Cuban saying he'd never put HDNET on Voom. Pure ego- if it's true, he doesn't need the cash.

Seawaves said:
Vurb,

How much are you willing to pay extra for these channels, so if Voom pays a steep price- can they just pass it on to us? I'd be against that. They have a right to turn a profit. Or at least try.

While it's always about money- it's often about ego. Just look at Cuban saying he'd never put HDNET on Voom. Pure ego- if it's true, he doesn't need the cash.
Cuban never said never.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)