I try to be good, pay my taxes and the IRS makes it difficult!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
I had heard that you can file your 1099's and 1096's this year via software and laser printed forms. I was mis-led. After spending 2 hours yesterday at the IRS office just to get the forms, I am told that you still have to use a typewriter to do these forms or buy the service on the internet. I investigated that route and, yes you can but the price was obscene, first 500 1099's costs a flat rate of $200. I have only 2 to fill out. The IRS office was very stingy with the forms and that was all I got, 2! She said I'd have to come back another day or she gave me this card on where to order them.

So now I'm on a quest to find an antique typewriter. I stopped in some pawn shops and an antique store but they looked at me as if I were nuts. Everyone tried to convince me I needed to buy a computer and a printer! I didn't explain that this was an IRS requirement!

In my best Andy Rooney imitation,
Why can't the IRS update this form for people like me who only need to fill out a couple. Why do they still require you type it out on a typewriter or pay a fortune to the service bureaus who are set up to handle thousands for large companies? Their other forms are all Laser printable, why not 1099 misc?

Sorry, I will hand print it with my best drafting level print in black ink and if that's not good enough, tough! I'm tired of searching antique stores for a typewriter. The IRS needs to get into the 20th century at least and stop requiring we use a device invented just after the civil war and became totally obsolete in 1983, 20 years ago!

Wow, I use to service computers for the IRS, except for a few people there most people did not have a typewriter.

Quickbooks, Quicken Premier and Peachtree do 1099's

Don, any of the above software packages do 1099's and w-2's and you can buy them with rebates often times for zero dollars. I am an accountant and have Peachtree and if you need just a couple of 1099's done you can email me at cbusbee@verizon.net with the info and I will do it gratis. Just because you have passed on much good advice to me over the last couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)