I went for minor annoyance to no signal thanks to customer service

IceRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
I have a 625 DVR receiver and since the updates were spooled, it has taken up to 10 seconds after changing channels for the picture on the next channel to show up. As I said, a minor annoyance.

I call and get a Dish guy to try to fix the problem. After he goes through diagnostics to "fix" it, it wasn't fixed.

In fact, I now get NO picture at all. And, apparently, I won't get any kind of signal until a tech comes out on Tuesday. I got them to take off the $29 fee for the visit, but I'm not happy to be sure.

I've paid for Center Ice, but I obviously won't see any hockey today, tonight or Monday night. No TV at all, in fact.

Why couldn't he have told me that it was possible before he did the diagnostics that I would be left with no programming at all? If I had known that, I wouldn't have even called.

I better not call and have my problem looked at. I have a 625 too. On TV2 when you first turn it on there is no sound on the channel you left it on before shut it off. Once you change the channel and switch it back you have sound. Then some times the sounds just gos out when watching any channel.
This all started to happen a week or so ago.
It don't happen on TV1.

Later,

John

Well, the technician is coming Tuesday. So if that's the case, I guess he'll fix it.

On TV2 when you first turn it on there is no sound on the channel you left it on before shut it off. Once you change the channel and switch it back you have sound. Then some times the sounds just gos out when watching any channel.
This all started to happen a week or so ago.
It don't happen on TV1.

Welcome to the stupid software upgrade DISH performed on the 625's (apparently without any beta testing).

TV2 is all messed up with the upgrade (those issues you mentioned plus a few timers events I set up from TV2 never hit). TV1 is pretty darn near perfect with the upgraded software. There is also a PVR issue I have with the upgrade (loses its place while in a recording and skipping ahead over commercials).

I should deduct $10 off each bill for a 625 software upgrade "nuisance" fee since this $%^&* shouldn't be happening.

Could be the LNB is "drifting" too much and needs to be replaced.

Go into your menu and select 6-1-3. That will put into the System Info screen.
It will automatically do a test of itself at the top. You'll see the progress.

If it comes us good, well then good.

But if it says "select details", then at bottom of screen highlight "details" and select.

A screen will come up with each of the satellites' "drift". Anything between 5 and 12 indicates the LNB for that satellite needs to be replaced.

BTW, you can do this on DP receivers but not Legacy receivers.

If you have the 105 satellite, it may show up bad, but very few areas of the country if any still use the 105 sat so it may not matter.

Last edited:
rich88,

The problem is that most 625s receivers, all have the same error and lost locks since the new software update L4.13. So the problems is not with the LNBs since everyone that has reported this problem do no have any problems with the other receivers.

Not to open an old thread but since the 622 now has this software with the lnb drift now I thought I would add to it. I wonder if the lost locks are due to the new 401 software on the 622 defaulting to 105 satellite everytime you go into the dishpoint screen. It would make sense since I don 't have the 105 sat. I only have a dish 1000.2 sat dish that looks at 119/110/129/61.5.

I have a 625 DVR receiver and since the updates were spooled, it has taken up to 10 seconds after changing channels for the picture on the next channel to show up. As I said, a minor annoyance.

I call and get a Dish guy to try to fix the problem. After he goes through diagnostics to "fix" it, it wasn't fixed.

In fact, I now get NO picture at all. And, apparently, I won't get any kind of signal until a tech comes out on Tuesday. I got them to take off the $29 fee for the visit, but I'm not happy to be sure.

I've paid for Center Ice, but I obviously won't see any hockey today, tonight or Monday night. No TV at all, in fact.

Why couldn't he have told me that it was possible before he did the diagnostics that I would be left with no programming at all? If I had known that, I wouldn't have even called.

Don't take out your anger on the TSR. He had no idea that this troubleshooting was going to make it worse, he was trying to HELP you. You unappreciative you know what.

The only time we know its going to make it worse is running a check switch test during bad weather. Well at least you got the fee for the service call waived, I'm sure you whined up a storm about it.

Don't take out your anger on the TSR. He had no idea that this troubleshooting was going to make it worse, he was trying to HELP you. You unappreciative you know what.

The only time we know its going to make it worse is running a check switch test during bad weather. Well at least you got the fee for the service call waived, I'm sure you whined up a storm about it.

Oh yes, it's ALWAYS the customer's fault, isn't it.

rich88,

The problem is that most 625s receivers, all have the same error and lost locks since the new software update L4.13. So the problems is not with the LNBs since everyone that has reported this problem do no have any problems with the other receivers.

Yes, you are right. I must not have been fully awake or something because my previous post has very little to do with the subject of this thread.

Moltomateo, you said it best when you say "he had no idea". :what If a person calls DISH for help, they should not be given wrong information. It is better if a TSR or CSR would say "I don't know" rather then giving wrong, or worse, false information. You make your position well known, but please do not blame us for complainning when we, the consumer look for help from DISH that results in worse problems.!protest !protest !protest !protest

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts