Idea behind having no retail channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
Ok I been getting some slack from others because I am hard on Xstream. Some of it is from them flanting the product around for years and never releasing anything other now because they dont answer the emails.

But now Walmart is buying Vudu...

Walmart with is massive buying power and influence is going to continue the vudu push on every major tv they sell.

1. Vudu will be every where and Xstreamd will be no where.
2. Vudu will be built into tvs xstream will require expensive hardware.
3. Vudu keeps getting better, Xstream well still waiting to see how they progress so far very slowly.

I can hear Scott's everyone love's Raymond neogator voice right now.

"Now Rob be nice, this is ment for high end installations for people who want the very best "

I will say that yes Xstream will have a higher bitrate and and possiblely better looking picture ( eventually compression will get better and pipes will get fatter and vudu can push out an equal 1080p picture with out breaking a sweat. )

So lets look at my own client base I have some who want only the best.

1. its delievered by sat, which poses a problem as some live in HOA where they think the law does not apply. So there a big no satellite policy. Now we know that they could have the dish that is not a problem but my clients dont want to get into a war of words with the old betty down 2 blocks with nothing better to do. almost half of my clients fit into this category.

2. looks Vudu no longer makes a stb meaning everything going to be TV based. meaning no more boxes to hide. But Scott will say Xstream uses DLNA so the nwer DLNA sets wont need the extra xstream box , excpet that DLNA is just a protocol spec that all it means is that the Xstream server will find a code and bitrate compatible with the one on the tv. which means they could not garuntee the best picture or sound unless using one of there STBs

3. It requires a dish but also requires the customers find some one. The high end makret are often not hobbiest just someone looking for the best of something that they can toss money at. But some how expect customers to find someone who will do a good job at installing a product they dont know about. Xstream is not training people so far from there announcements to install the service saying hobbiest will do there own . Well wait one second here one second it ment for high end installs and nex hobbiest. They justify the price by saying it for highend installs and justify not training installers that might be interested in selling and installing xstream. Which would take cae of this issue.

Scott will probably can this message as I am a meanie and he was not nice to the Xstream people, or person or figment of everyones imagination.

Service like vudu who are going to be intergrated into tvs and pushed out by the largest distrubuter in the world and Netflic who showing up on BDLive players.

It makes you wonder who going to buy and support this method doing business. I could be promoting this but it looks like it just some fad that Charlie going to end up buy up when they cant pay there bills to Echostar.

If they came out the gate and said here lets take a bunch of people across the country who have shops giving them traiing material and a reduced cost setup so they be likely to sign on and promote . It would change my few greatly I could say call this guy he a great installer and sells the service. If you have any issues with it after the fact he is yoru man. But Problem is there is no support infrastructure for the high end and still kinda over priced for the hobbiest. Can yo ureally make money off the hobbiest?

banning or not, I doubt it since SC is just bringing up concerns and pointing out stuff we are all thinking (if we are thinking), there are so many questions we have and we keep hearing all these claims of wanting to connect with us, but so far only 1 call-in show which the CEO just danced around quite a few questions. Granted there were some technical problems, but those that did get through didn't get many straight-forward answers, at least not in my opinion.

Beauty of satguys has always been unabridged discussion as long as it's not just a dogpile of flaming and bashing. Scott has done something very noteworthy in giving us an option to talk directly to the company with the promise (from xstream) that they would be willing to participate and answer questions and have honest discourse with members here.

So far what I see is a bunch of unanswered questions, a xstream rep who has made a total of 2 posts on the site and has not visited since Feb 18th and a website that still does not clearly spell out anything equipment related (to my satisfaction) unless you really dig and visit this site and even then, the info is scatterred. I won't go into the amount of communication I have attempted to get from them though their contact info on their website ranging from investment, media, marketing etc. Phone calls are not answered, emails not returned.

I know Scott is high on these guys, loves the equipment and promise, but I feel Scott is their only cheerleader since he is the only one that seems to get any info from them. I rarely like to settle, but heck, I'd settle at this point to get even 30% of the questions in the question thread answered.

banning or not, I doubt it since SC is just bringing up concerns and pointing out stuff we are all thinking (if we are thinking), there are so many questions we have and we keep hearing all these claims of wanting to connect with us, but so far only 1 call-in show which the CEO just danced around quite a few questions. Granted there were some technical problems, but those that did get through didn't get many straight-forward answers, at least not in my opinion.

Beauty of satguys has always been unabridged discussion as long as it's not just a dogpile of flaming and bashing. Scott has done something very noteworthy in giving us an option to talk directly to the company with the promise (from xstream) that they would be willing to participate and answer questions and have honest discourse with members here.

So far what I see is a bunch of unanswered questions, a xstream rep who has made a total of 2 posts on the site and has not visited since Feb 18th and a website that still does not clearly spell out anything equipment related (to my satisfaction) unless you really dig and visit this site and even then, the info is scatterred. I won't go into the amount of communication I have attempted to get from them though their contact info on their website ranging from investment, media, marketing etc. Phone calls are not answered, emails not returned.

I know Scott is high on these guys, loves the equipment and promise, but I feel Scott is their only cheerleader since he is the only one that seems to get any info from them. I rarely like to settle, but heck, I'd settle at this point to get even 30% of the questions in the question thread answered.

With my client base ( remember I work usally as Director of IT/Operation manager dtv is just on the side ) Over the years as any IT person tend to have a loyal following of off the books clients . Now if somethign wrong I fix it if I want someting installed I have people to do that. Like all AV installs I use one of 2 companies in town that do amazing work real high end businesses. Problem is they have heard of Xstream and been trying to get hold of them on being a reseller and installer of the service. Both companies have not heard a word for the company.

The companies I know of wont install xstream now even if I had product in hand as they dont what kind of standards and what kind of sentivity there is as far as rainfade and what consider good vs marginal vs really need to be placed elsewhere.

If I could hand a card to my clients and say lets call Advance Home AV and lets get you setup with xstream and they take care of everything for you yeah great there is a point of reference for the customer.
Something goes wrong with the install you know who to call and who know how to take care of it.

But there not doing that.

I got some weird hate mail.... So for my own sanity. I like Scott I just think he trying to make everyone happy and he excited about Xstreamhd and right now I am just being a wet blanket.

I never got a call to complete to the call in show. I kept getting clicks. I was not near a PC so I could not ask them online.

But many of the questions I would have asked were asked with no satisfactory answer and lots of questions exist in the Q/A thread that I am waiting to see the answers to before I start rambling on with more questions. many people have posted questions in that thread that I want to ask, but instead of reposting the same questions, I am just waiting patiently.

Hi Guys,
Interesting dialogue regarding what XStreamHD is and what XStreamHD is not. Let me help set the record straight so that I can begin to dispel some of the myths related to XStreamHD. Here are my Top 10 Reasons why you will love XStreamHD!
1. XStreamHD is the first true whole-home HD solution that can simultaneously deliver multiple streams of Full HD entertainment across your home network (at bit rate streams of up to 100mbps each).
2. The content that you will enjoy is Blu-ray ray equivalent content at 1080p with up to 7.1 channels of lossless audio. No other digital delivery solution can provide this level of quality.
3. XStreamHD’s satellite transport network delivers a perfect copy of the studio master to your XStreamHD Media Server made possible by our patent-pending transport technology. This unique transport technology allows us to modulate our data streams to mitigate the effects of weather disturbances.
4. With XStreamHD you always have a storefront of Full HD content available for immediate viewing from your HD Media Server made possible by XStreamHD’s Pre-Fetched Entertainment technology, which automatically delivers the latest movies music and games to your HD Media Server’s Personal Library based upon your user-set entertainment preferences and advance selections.
5. Different than a Vudu or a digital Netflix solution, our solution includes a world-class DLNA Certified™ HD Media Server that can multi-process incoming satellite delivered content, as well as multi-stream different streams of Full HD content simultaneously within the home. It houses two removable HDD storage bays that can accommodate up to 4 TB of internal storage with an eSATA to access additional external storage.
6. Additionally, our HD Media Server includes a user-friendly Network Video Recorder that is equipped with three HDTV (ATSC) tuners, enabling you to watch and record three separate off-air HDTV programs from start to finish, regardless of schedule changes made possible with our patent-pending Adaptive Recording feature.
7. XStreamHD is a multi-room solution that supercharges your entertainment network. You can pause a movie or program in one room and continue viewing it another without having to replicate content (or peer-to-peer copying).
8. XStreamHD provides you with better interoperability made possible with DLNA. The HD Media Server can deliver content to TV’s equipped with an HD Media Receiver or any DNLA Certified client, including some HDTV’s, laptops, PS3s and other DLNA certified A/V components.
9. XStreamHD provides you with a sophisticated graphical user interface that easily allows you to access content from a 3D wall of entertainment titles. With Direct Alphanumeric Navigation (DAN) you can quickly located specific titles fast and intuitively.
10. Every XStreamHD FAST Start or PRO Start is equipped with our RF One Remote Control an ergonomically-friendly advanced RF and IR remote that integrates with most A/V equipment and requires no line-of-sight with our equipment.
I hope that this information provides you with some of the really exciting innovations that XStreamHD is please to bring to consumers. By the way, did I mention that FREE XStreamHD Calling…Check out XStreamHD.com to learn more or to pre-order your XStreamHD starter package.
Enjoy the day!
XStreamHDGuy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)