If you cancel dish they want LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

omarh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I wonder if anyone has given much thought to the fact that if you cancel Dish and you were on that advantage program where all the equipment is leased, then you have to send them back the LNBF as well as the receivers. The problem is, what if the LNBF is on the roof??? and, what if you're old and not capable of getting up there on the roof? Sounds kinda crazy that cancelling service requires you to hire someone to go get that thing. Imagine if cable did that, you cancel service and you have to pay the tech to come out and uninstall something??!

That has been required for a while. But I do believe if you call them and explain the problem with taking it down they will either send someone out at no charge or just tell you to only send back the receiver(s).

Why do they even want the LNBF back anyways? I mean do they really reuse them anyways? I can understand the receivers, but not part of a dish.

No wonder why people have so many problems, not so much the LNBF's but the receivers....I hear people all the time go through many 622/722's.....probably because someone had a bad receiver, returned it and then Dish gave it to someone else who will have problems, then they will send it back and someone else will get it. (and around and around) I understand they "refurbish" the receivers first, but they must refurbish to the same standards as HP, as nothing really happens in that stage. (years back I had an HP desktop that I had to ship back countless times for "referb" after about the 5th time I demanded the thing to just be replaced as they weren't fixing the real problem. A month later they sent me a brand new one. Hmm. Last time I dealt with HP though) </off topic rant>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)