If you had to choose three which would you choose?

Wow! I think we forgot ethernet connectivity to save to a PC and USB transfer to a laptop.

Remote schedule from the listed, that is soooooo nice to have.

Last edited:
My big three: external hard drive support, screen positioning (PIP) and I'll go off the list by saying queuing multiple recordings for playback (would save me countless hours dumping recordings out to DVD-RAM).

slacker9876 said:
Wow! I think we forgot ethernet connectivity to save to a PC and USB transfer to a laptop.

Remote schedule from the listed, that is soooooo nice to have.

They'll never let us save to a PC without having it seriously encrypted. :(

But I agree about the remote schedule. It would be nice; kind of like a slingbox to program your dvr from work!

rockymtnhigh said:
They'll never let us save to a PC without having it seriously encrypted. :(
TiVo lets ya do it ;)

I won't go there man. I HATE DRM and believe it is criminal, that is why I run Linux ... it spares me the crap.

Remote management is great for when your memory stinks and your like OH ... I HAVE A PC!!!

slacker9876 said:
TiVo lets ya do it ;)

I won't go there man. I HATE DRM and believe it is criminal, that is why I run Linux ... it spares me the crap.

Remote management is great for when your memory stinks and your like OH ... I HAVE A PC!!!

I am with you. And I DESPISE DRM. But I would be willing to make a pretty darn large wager that when E* releases the External USB support, it will be encrypted.

Thinking of reminding to program the DVR... Back to the Future starts in 2 minutes on UHD...:D

BlackHitachi said:
For me.

1.External HD Drive Support
2.Native Resolution Pass through
3.Remote Configuration Through Web

I agree with you buy what's Comm support?

I would like to add one for them QAM/ATSC HD support via TV2 .. i think I would soil myself if they added that.. :)

Last edited:
drjdan said:
What is Dish Comm support?

DISH Comm technology allows phone and audio data to be sent throughout a home over existing power wiring. Requires only one phone line connection among all DISH Comm-enabled receivers in a home.

1. External USB hard drive support
2. External USB hard drive support
3. External USB hard drive support

But if I had to choose only one, it would be External USB hard drive support.

External HD Drive Support
Native Resolution Pass through
Dish Comm Support

External Hard Drive Support

If I had to pick another, it would be remote configuration over the internet. That would be cool

Oh, and the External Hard Drive Support has to be for a generic external drive that I supply. I won't buy a Dish Network drive that is marked up to double the going rate.

jdr01930 said:
1. External USB hard drive support
2. External USB hard drive support
3. External USB hard drive support

But if I had to choose only one, it would be External USB hard drive support.

i would only add i would like my 211 HDMI to work someday :rolleyes:

Remote Configuration Through Web
External HD Drive Support
Screen Positioning
Native Resolution Pass through
Dish Comm Support
I would choose Native Resolution Pass through as my number one. Of course now we have External HD support, but that was never important to me. Also, we already have a remote web configuration capability using a Slingbox.

All Dish HD needs to go MPEG 4!!!

OTA Reception Drop-Outs 443?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)