If you want your RSNs in HD, try this simple exercise...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Flipperdoodle

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
  1. Get p.o.'d about the blackout of the Penn State v. Michigan State football game on ESPN on a Saturday afternoon.
  2. Call DISH.
  3. Speak to an unscrupulous, argumentative CSR in India named "David" about the blackout of the Penn State v. Michigan State football game.
  4. Ask David, "What did you do to my account?" when you notice that you get channels you never did before (including HD RSNs), and have lost some you're accustomed to receiving (NHL, NBA, HDNETMovies).
  5. Hang up the phone with a "thank you, I think", ending your illuminating conversation with "David".
  6. (NOTE: still no Penn State v. Michigan State on ESPN.)
  7. Call DISH.
  8. Talk to "Rachel" in The Philippines about "David".
  9. Have "Rachel" escalate the call.
  10. Speak to a CSR woman in the U.S. (thank you God) about what's occurred, and find out that your monthly bill just went from about $63 to $90+.
  11. Protest, repeatedly.
  12. Get put on hold, repeatedly.
  13. Learn that once your HD Absolute base package is altered ("David?"), systematically speaking it can't be brought back, no matter how many times you click your heels together, or cuss.
  14. Protest, repeatedly and emphatically.
  15. Get put on hold, repeatedly.
  16. Look at your watch.
  17. Kiss your Saturday goodbye.
  18. Refuse to kiss your Saturday goodbye.
  19. Request a callback from CSR, who promises to do so once she and her supervisor have "fixed" things.
  20. Call DISH.
  21. After refusing to explain the reason for your call (again), learn that the American CSR will call you on Monday.
  22. (NOTE: still no Penn State v. Michigan State on ESPN.)
  23. Call DISH on Monday.
  24. Ask Filipino why no one called you back.
  25. Have Filipino escalate the call.
  26. Speak to a CSR woman in the U.S. (thank you God), refusing to explain the reason for your call (yet again).
  27. Learn that your bill, after some alleged monthly credit, could accrue to $70+ per month.
  28. Protest, repeatedly.
  29. Beg for understanding.
  30. Cry a little.
  31. Listen to representative thinking out loud to herself about how she can manipulate pricing to get you back down into the $60s.
  32. Say "Yes!" when she offers you all the channels you used to get, plus a few more, including your HD RSNs, for $60-something per month until February, when Jack you are on your own again!!!!
NOTE: check your next bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't even bother with the overseas CSR's. Just hang-up and call again until you get USA. Better still, call the Executive Offices next time and get immediate clarification or action.

Had a similar experience when I had my 622 replaced with a 612.

I lost HD Absolute and was given HD Bronze. After being brought up the chain of command 3 times to the "Executive offices" I was told because they don't offer HDAbsolute anymore I'm basically SOL, but I can have HDSilver and the Platinum pack for list price. Gee thanks. I now have their number and will only call it for tech problems from now on.

Oh, what an absolute shock!!! They billed me for $80+ for the month ahead. (I knew it was too good to be true, and that I shouldn't have taken any CSR at their word...)

The latest?

After a lifetime misspent on the phone, DISH has switched me to HD Turbo Silver with Platinum extension (sounds like I'm having my hair done).
For $70.00 monthly total, for a year.
With my RSNs in HD.
Maybe that dork in India did me a favor...

Of course there is always the fear of what will appear on that next bill.

I did lose a handful of channels (Natty Geo, Versus in HD, etc.), but I won't miss them, and it's a fair trade for my RSNs in HD. In any case, my understanding is that I can get those channels if I want them, for another $10 per month. And I might want Versus to watch the Tour de France, especially if it's broadcast in HD this year.

The latest?

After a lifetime misspent on the phone, DISH has switched me to HD Turbo Silver with Platinum extension (sounds like I'm having my hair done).
For $70.00 monthly total, for a year.
With my RSNs in HD.
Maybe that dork in India did me a favor...

Of course there is always the fear of what will appear on that next bill.

I did lose a handful of channels (Natty Geo, Versus in HD, etc.), but I won't miss them, and it's a fair trade for my RSNs in HD. In any case, my understanding is that I can get those channels if I want them, for another $10 per month. And I might want Versus to watch the Tour de France, especially if it's broadcast in HD this year.

I wanted to know how people are doing this, but I've been playing CSR roulette to the point where I might break. I've even made an entire post of people to share their stories of how they were able to switch.

pfan

online chat what are the odds of getting the same person twice???? I was playing roulette and ended up getting the same Sharon K two times in a row!!! I wish there was an easier way of switching early, b/c you just get in a really bad mood by arguing with "david" or "sharon k" or the supervisor "don"

Sharon K must be the name du jour -- I had her too, in my one online chat during this particular debacle.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](03) Hepsibah T.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
flipperdoodle: review away, my friend
(03) Hepsibah T.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] but it has almost run out
(03) Hepsibah T.: I apologize for any inconvenience.
(03) Hepsibah T. has left the session.
Your agent is experiencing technical difficulties. Please stand by while we re-establish contact or find a new agent...
Please wait while we find an agent from the (03) Customer Service department to assist you.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
You have been connected to (03) Sharon K..
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] If you see Hepsibah, tell him/her i said "thank you"
(03) Sharon K.: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] review away, my friend
(03) Sharon K.: She is facing some technical issue with the system.
(03) Sharon K.: I will convey the message to her.
(03) Sharon K.: Is there another issue that I may assist you with?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] of course sharon
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i was told by last CSR i spoke to that my monthly bill would be $60+ until February, but my new bill looks like in the $80s. That is unacceptable.
(03) Sharon K.: Yes, please go a head.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] it's simple. a csr changed my absolute hd package without my consent. as a result i am paying over $80 instead of the $63 per month. and although i have already been told this would be fixed, it has not.
(03) Sharon K.: I apologize for any inconvenience.
(03) Sharon K.: To provide you with the best service possible, I will require more time to research this. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
(03) Sharon K.: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Sharon K.: So what would you like to do now?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] what do you guess?
(03) Sharon K.: I am sorry.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Shall i repeat? i was told by last CSR i spoke to that my monthly bill would be $60+ until February, but my new bill looks like in the $80s. That is unacceptable.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] to add insult to injury, i went out of my way to tell her boss what a fine job she'd done in finally taking care of my problem!!!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Hello Sharon K, are you there?
(03) Sharon K.: Yes, I am here.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Oh good!
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] I wonder how many times I will have to repeat my story before someone at DISH takes care of this. And then I wonder, will I have to call back and repeat everything next month!
(03) Sharon K.: I see that you have top 200 with a HD pack.
(03) Sharon K.: So, you are paying for what you are using.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] bullsquat! it's simple. a csr changed my absolute hd package without my consent. as a result i am paying over $80 instead of the $63 per month. and although i have already been told this would be fixed, it has not.
(03) Sharon K.: Ok.
(03) Sharon K.: I will put this back to your account.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!!! How would you like it if I cut your pay in half?
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]put what back in my account, pray tell me?
(03) Sharon K.: To provide you with the best service possible, I will require more time to research this. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] OK, i have to go. Please have your supervisor call me on my cell at 555-121-2121 after 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time in the U.S., and not a moment before.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Thank you for your efforts
(03) Sharon K.: I am sorry, we are not authorised to call you.
(03) Sharon K.: order to talk to a supervisor, you can call us on 1-800-333-34.7
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] that not a whole number...
(03) Sharon K.: .---
(03) Sharon K.: 1-800-333-3474.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and this will put me directly in touch with a super, and i won't have to repeat my story yet again?
(03) Sharon K.: You can directly ask for the supervisor.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] and all my DISH problems will be solved?
(03) Sharon K.: Yes.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]flipperdoodle: [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]super! thank you for your ASSistance tonight, and have a good day.
(03) Sharon K.: You're very welcome.
(03) Sharon K.: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
[/FONT]

I wanted to know how people are doing this, but I've been playing CSR roulette to the point where I might break. I've even made an entire post of people to share their stories of how they were able to switch.

pfan

where is that post? I looked and looked, but couldn't find anything appropriate -- i have rotten luck finding particular stuff within the forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)