I'm moving my dish system

Jthomas

Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
TX
I moved into a new house and I'm trying to re-install my Dish system myself. I know that Dish will move it for me, but I like my old equipment and I have a receiver for my houseboat that I don't want to lose.

So, I have a Dish Pro Plus 1000.2 with three feed horns and an LNB with three output cables coming off of it. I have a DVR-722 receiver and if I hook up any one of the three cables coming from the dish to the input of a separator and then the two outputs of the separator to the SAT 1 and SAT 2 inputs of the DVR-722, I can find my 110 and 119 satellites and peak the signal for them by tuning the dish.

No matter what I do, I can't find the 129 satellite to get my HD channels off of 129.

Are each of the three output cables from my 1000.2 LNB carrying all three signals from 110, 119 & 129 or is each cable carrying one satellite and I have to use more than one separator to feed my 722?

I have strong signal strength for 110 and 119 (both over 60) so should I also see 129?

Also, can anyone point me to a simplified wiring schematic?

Thanks,
John

I moved into a new house and I'm trying to re-install my Dish system myself. I know that Dish will move it for me, but I like my old equipment and I have a receiver for my houseboat that I don't want to lose.

Just so you know, the Dish Mover is about you taking your equipment with you to the new house, then Dish comes out and get's everything hooked up. You would never "lose" anything.

Thanks for all of the advice folks. I fine tuned my azimuth and now I'm getting abut 60 for signal strength on 110&119 and 50 on 129. Should I be getting a stronger signal?

Also, I have a 722 Dish receiver. The UHF output goes into an SCS-2A which combines with the SAT line from my dish. When I go into my attic and install another SCS-2A into the SAT line and connect my bedroom TV to the UHF output of that SCS-2A, the picture is there but extremely fuzzy and no audio. I'm tuned to CH21, like I've always been, and I scanned for channels and the TV found CH21, but it's still fuzzy with no audio. I tried another SCS-2A with the same results.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks,
John

Did you double check that your diplexers are configured the right way? I've taken leave of my senses and assembled them backward... The single coax side should in both cases be attached to the cable common between the two diplexers.

Thanks for all of the advice folks. I fine tuned my azimuth and now I'm getting abut 60 for signal strength on 110&119 and 50 on 129. Should I be getting a stronger signal?

Also, I have a 722 Dish receiver. The UHF output goes into an SCS-2A which combines with the SAT line from my dish. When I go into my attic and install another SCS-2A into the SAT line and connect my bedroom TV to the UHF output of that SCS-2A, the picture is there but extremely fuzzy and no audio. I'm tuned to CH21, like I've always been, and I scanned for channels and the TV found CH21, but it's still fuzzy with no audio. I tried another SCS-2A with the same results.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks,
John
Those aren't terrible signal strengths for the WA. You might could do some fettling and get a little bit better, but those are not bad.

Thanks again,

It's working!!! I had the SCS-2A input backwards. I could have sworn that I tried it both ways, but I had a 2 year old grandson helping me at the time and I guess I messed up.

Now, my internet is with Time Warner and it enters the attic, goes through a GLF-1002B@ MOA filter and then to a SV-36 splitter which, via coax, goes to my computer room. Is there a way to combine the video from my SCS-2A with the coax that my internet is on and then split the two when they get to my computer room?

Thanks,
John

Thanks again,

It's working!!! I had the SCS-2A input backwards. I could have sworn that I tried it both ways, but I had a 2 year old grandson helping me at the time and I guess I messed up.

Now, my internet is with Time Warner and it enters the attic, goes through a GLF-1002B@ MOA filter and then to a SV-36 splitter which, via coax, goes to my computer room. Is there a way to combine the video from my SCS-2A with the coax that my internet is on and then split the two when they get to my computer room so that I don't have to run another coax for video to my computer room?

Thanks,
John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)