I'm steaming!!!!

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
I am trying to activate a new xm radio. Sent activation over net @ 5:30 pm central time. called @ 6:15 central and they sent a rehit. I ate dinner @ 7:00 still no programming. I went back online and the online refresh says "

The XM Radio activation refresh system is currently unavailable due to system maintenance. Refresh activation will be available again soon.

Our Listener Care Center is available via telephone at 1-800-852-9696. "

so I called.......................

They close @ 8:00 eastern.

I S N'T T H A T N I C E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Tate said:
I am thinking very SIRIUSLY about it. :mad:

Still no programming. Now I may miss O&A in the morning.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Are you hearing the preview channel on that radio? You might have a marginal signal right now which is missing the activation hit.

They say on the website the hit could take up to 4 hours.

The activation hits keep being resent for a 12 hour period.. so you might still get it.

pdxsam said:
Are you hearing the preview channel on that radio? You might have a marginal signal right now which is missing the activation hit.

They say on the website the hit could take up to 4 hours.

The activation hits keep being resent for a 12 hour period.. so you might still get it.

The website says 15 to 20 mins.

They got a nasty letter from me last night and I assume that they did not read it till this morning. I left the radio on all night and this morning I still had no programming.
I went to work "thought about taking my old radio out of my wifes car" and tried to listen to the local morning zoo. After I got to work and got all of my equipment loaded and gased up it was about 8:45 and still no programming but I did leave it on channel 1 cause the radio stations around here SUCK. I finally got programming @ 11:00 after I finished my first job.

The Tate said:
The website says 15 to 20 mins.

They got a nasty letter from me last night and I assume that they did not read it till this morning. I left the radio on all night and this morning I still had no programming.
I went to work "thought about taking my old radio out of my wifes car" and tried to listen to the local morning zoo. After I got to work and got all of my equipment loaded and gased up it was about 8:45 and still no programming but I did leave it on channel 1 cause the radio stations around here SUCK. I finally got programming @ 11:00 after I finished my first job.

At this point I would suspect that either Xm is having issues or they entered the wrong radio ID into the system. If you view your account online is the radio ID on there match the one your trying to activate?

minorthr said:
At this point I would suspect that either Xm is having issues or they entered the wrong radio ID into the system. If you view your account online is the radio ID on there match the one your trying to activate?

I tried to view my info online but it was unavailable. I do have everything up and going now but if I was still haveing problems at this point then I more than likely would have said the hell with them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)