I'm with Dish for at least another year

bowens

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
My bill was $97/month for a H3 and 2 Joeys with the AT120+. My discounts expired and the bill went to $149. I called and they offered me $10 off of that. I really only need Dish for live sports. We can get our shows we watch elsewhere. But my internet isn't reliable enough to go full time streaming. They ended up giving me a good enough discount to stick around for at least another year.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Are you receiving a Hopper and auto pay discount of $10.00? Can you use an OTA antenna with a module for locals. That's a savings of $12.00 monthly?

Are you receiving a Hopper and auto pay discount of $10.00? Can you use an OTA antenna with a module for locals. That's a savings of $12.00 monthly?
Hopper and auto pay discount? I pay $15.00/month for the Hopper, $5 for the Joey and have never had an autopay discount even though I have always had it. The lowest I can get my monthly bill is $73 (unfortunately have to sub to locals; can't get channels 8 and 10 and a few others with OTA).

Is there a secret to discounts that no one told me about?

Is there a secret to discounts that no one told me about?
AFAIK you need to have both autopay and ebill active, and be in a contract. I once requested a paper bill and was told that that would make me "ineligible" for the discount. People on Flex pack seem to be unable to get the discount as well.

I don't know what they called the discounts this time. Last time, I was getting both of those. I do have the OTA dongle but for whatever reason, OTA recordings pixelate about every 3 seconds. It's happened to every recording I've ever tried. Dish doesn't have my local CW in HD, so I've tried recording the Flash OTA and it's unwatchable.

Edit: Just checked my account. They just call it "Courtesy $40x12 Mo."

Reactions: TheKrell
My bill was $97/month for a H3 and 2 Joeys with the AT120+. My discounts expired and the bill went to $149. I called and they offered me $10 off of that. I really only need Dish for live sports. We can get our shows we watch elsewhere. But my internet isn't reliable enough to go full time streaming. They ended up giving me a good enough discount to stick around for at least another year.

It was. But I don't know if it's kosher to talk about discount amounts around here.

Edit: basically, I went from $97/month before, I added HBO Max for $12/month, and my total bill now, same programming, will be $105.

I don't know what they called the discounts this time. Last time, I was getting both of those. I do have the OTA dongle but for whatever reason, OTA recordings pixelate about every 3 seconds. It's happened to every recording I've ever tried. Dish doesn't have my local CW in HD, so I've tried recording the Flash OTA and it's unwatchable.

Edit: Just checked my account. They just call it "Courtesy $40x12 Mo."
Your numbers don't add up. You must be getting another discount.

Your bill was $149. You added HBO. That makes it $161. You're getting a $40 discount. Now, your bill is $105? Looks like it should be $121.

Your numbers don't add up. You must be getting another discount.

Your bill was $149. You added HBO. That makes it $161. You're getting a $40 discount. Now, your bill is $105? Looks like it should be $121.
It was $97 before I added HBO. I added HBO so it should have gone to $109. Discounts expired, it went to $149. $149 included HBO. Then they discounted $40 off. My timeline was confusing in the first post.

Reactions: rvvaquero
It was $97 before I added HBO. I added HBO so it should have gone to $109. Discounts expired, it went to $149. $149 included HBO. Then they discounted $40 off. My timeline was confusing in the first post.
which makes it $109, not $105 as stated by you before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)