In a limbo with Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I actually believe them. That's a positive for sure. If you want quicker action or an alternative more quickly either see your own lawyer or put a dish on your balcony if feasible..... Good luck!
Sorry for repeating my story twice on the other reply, for some reason it got all messed up and I thought I wrote it separately and deleted the first one, I apologize.

Second of all I'm unable to put any dish on the balcony and they will fine me or get me in some type of trouble which I do not want, so I'm just going to avoid it. I'm just going to keep in contact with Comcast and the office to make this agreement go through and try to push it like the office and myself separately actually want to do. At the current moment I have a ticket open with Comcast under my account i never closed out yet and I provided them with the manager name and phone number. The manager of the board and the president of the board both were basically begging me to help them get Comcast to come out because they have a problem contacting them supposedly like I mentioned above. The president herself directly was experiencing these same issues I mentioned above, doesn't like it either, and completely understands what I'm going through.

Reactions: Tampa8
Sorry for repeating my story twice on the other reply, for some reason it got all messed up and I thought I wrote it separately and deleted the first one, I apologize.

Second of all I'm unable to put any dish on the balcony and they will fine me or get me in some type of trouble which I do not want, so I'm just going to avoid it. I'm just going to keep in contact with Comcast and the office to make this agreement go through and try to push it like the office and myself separately actually want to do. At the current moment I have a ticket open with Comcast under my account i never closed out yet and I provided them with the manager name and phone number. The manager of the board and the president of the board both were basically begging me to help them get Comcast to come out because they have a problem contacting them supposedly like I mentioned above. The president herself directly was experiencing these same issues I mentioned above, doesn't like it either, and completely understands what I'm going through.

No problem, you have to do what you are most comfortable doing. It seems like it could work out in the end.

They said that I'm not allowed to put a dish on the balcony (even on a pole) because first off they already provide Dish Network through the the subcontractor and I have to go through them. Supposably even Dish directly themselves will deny me service due to the subcontractor contract. Then I can't get DIRECTV, AT&T TV, or U-verse because I tried to call AT&T and they refused to even set up an appointment and they told me that if I buy the equipment on my own they will refuse service as they cannot even find my address in their system at all.

They said that I'm not allowed to put a dish on the roof because first off they already provide Dish Network do the subcontractor and I have to go through them, even dish directly themselves will deny me access supposedly due to the fact that the subcontractor contract. Then I can't get DIRECTV because I tried to call AT&T and they refused to even set up an appointment and they told me that if I buy the equipment on my own they will refuse service as they cannot even find it in their system at all.

not the rood, the balcony

the fcc disagrees with them

Q: If I live in a condominium or an apartment building, does this rule apply to me?

A:
The rule applies to antenna users who live in a multiple dwelling unit building, such as a condominium or apartment building, if the antenna user has an exclusive use area in which to install the antenna. "Exclusive use" means an area of the property that only you, and persons you permit, may enter and use to the exclusion of other residents. For example, your condominium or apartment may include a balcony, terrace, deck or patio that only you can use, and the rule applies to these areas. The rule does not apply to common areas, such as the roof, the hallways, the walkways or the exterior walls of a condominium or apartment building. Restrictions on antennas installed in these common areas are not covered by the Commission's rule. For example, the rule would not apply to restrictions that prevent drilling through the exterior wall of a condominium or rental unit and thus restrictions may prohibit installation that requires such drilling.

Reactions: Tampa8
the fcc disagrees with them

Q: If I live in a condominium or an apartment building, does this rule apply to me?

A:
The rule applies to antenna users who live in a multiple dwelling unit building, such as a condominium or apartment building, if the antenna user has an exclusive use area in which to install the antenna. "Exclusive use" means an area of the property that only you, and persons you permit, may enter and use to the exclusion of other residents. For example, your condominium or apartment may include a balcony, terrace, deck or patio that only you can use, and the rule applies to these areas. The rule does not apply to common areas, such as the roof, the hallways, the walkways or the exterior walls of a condominium or apartment building. Restrictions on antennas installed in these common areas are not covered by the Commission's rule. For example, the rule would not apply to restrictions that prevent drilling through the exterior wall of a condominium or rental unit and thus restrictions may prohibit installation that requires such drilling.
I understand what you're referring to and thanks for your reply, but what I'm referring to is a state-specific statute not a federal/FCC law or statue. This law prohibits basically bulk contracts and if there is a bulk contract it's not exclusive it just gives them priority basically from my understanding of it and even after talking to a family friend lawyer that actually does real estate.

The statue that I'm referring to basically states that if a company is licensed and licenses in the area to do service then I'm allowed to get their service with no extra cost from the building to me or to the service provider. Only the normal service cost between me and the service provider and also the building cannot deny access to the service providers either.

Last edited:
My God. It’s so bad they actually WANT Comcast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems like it lol. It seems so bad that they actually know this them self directly, but for some reason they're having a hard time contacting Comcast to come out to discuss a bulk agreement and to do a observation of the property. So they're begging the residents to try to help them get Comcast to come out at this point

I mean what's the problem with Comcast? I mean I personally never had issues with Comcast and I like their services and technology minus the fact that they don't provide NFL Sunday Ticket. Which obviously I live in a condo so I'm able to get the IPTV version of Sunday Ticket which is fine and unofficially it's like having Comcast with Sunday Ticket.

I had comcast internet for a while and their customer service sucks, they are also expensive for what they provide (based on internet speed).

I had comcast internet for a while and their customer service sucks, they are also expensive for what they provide (based on internet speed).
I mean for the internet that I was getting which was gig internet and then getting the best TV package that they have available. I'm paying less then what I'm paying now for this BS Dish Network, the outdated Dish Network equipment, and the subcontractor internet. Plus even though my internet is an individual network for my specific apartment we're still sharing the overall total bandwidth with the rest of the units as it's a multi dwelling type of internet where there's an ethernet port built into the wall. Which the funny thing is the board manager who works in the office told me how he really dislikes the ethernet cord plug into the wall type of situation and would prefer the Comcast type of way that they provide the internet through coax cable and place it in any of the rooms you want rather than being forced to plug it into a certain location within your home or the administration office downstairs.

Reactions: dhpeeple1
I didn't want their TV product, they are expensive when getting internet only, they did not have GIG service at my old house. I did have a small company that did fiberoptic directly to the house, GIG service and $49.99 price lock for 2 years then it went to $79.99 after the introductory deal. That was not a bad price for the service. Wish they had service at my new house, I would still have it.

I didn't want their TV product, they are expensive when getting internet only, they did not have GIG service at my old house. I did have a small company that did fiberoptic directly to the house, GIG service and $49.99 price lock for 2 years then it went to $79.99 after the introductory deal. That was not a bad price for the service. Wish they had service at my new house, I would still have it.
That's a good deal and I'm paying $79 for only 150MBPS now SMH. I had the same deal you mentioned before with the gig internet, then I just had TV on top of it. I mean the service I have now is a hundred times worse as far as pricing and all the TV equipment and set up goes. The internet is good and reliable, but they just they don't offer any more speed past 200MBPS and the prices are crazy for the internet as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)