"In the heart of America lies a monster that could dest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2003
Well... I better get my post in now since I may not be around for much longer and for awhile after that.

Anyway, check this out:
http://www.rense.com/general41/monster.htm

In part:

"Bill McGuire, professor of geohazards at the Benfield Greig Hazard Research Centre at University College London, says that America's Yellowstone Park is one of the largest and most dangerous supervolcanoes in the world. "The Yellowstone volcano can be likened to a sleeping dragon," says Professor McGuire, "whose slow breathing brings repeated swelling and sinking of the Earth's crust in northern Wyoming and southern Montana."

Professor McGuire went on to explain that: "Many supervolcanoes are not typical hill-shaped structures but huge, collapsed craters called "calderas" that are filled with hot magma and are harder to detect. The Yellowstone supervolcano was detected in the Sixties when infra-red satellite photographs revealed a magma-filled caldera 85km long and 45km wide. It has been on a regular eruption cycle of 600,000 years. The last eruption was 640,000 years ago, so the next is long overdue."

Volcanologists have been tracking the movement of magma under the park and have calculated that in parts of Yellowstone the ground has risen over seventy centimetres, almost two and a half feet, since 1923, indicating a massive swelling underneath the park.

"The impact of a Yellowstone eruption is terrifying to comprehend." says Professor McGuire. "Magma would be flung 50 kilometres into the atmosphere. Within a thousand kilometres virtually all life would be killed by falling ash, lava flows and the sheer explosive force of the eruption. One thousand cubic kilometres of lava would pour out of the volcano, enough to coat the whole of the USA with a layer 5 inches thick. The explosion would be the loudest noise heard by man for 75,000 years."

The long-term effects would be even more devastating. The thousands of cubic kilometres of ash that would shoot into the atmosphere would block out light from the sun, making global temperatures collapse. This is called a nuclear winter. A large percentage of the world's plant life would be killed by the ash and the drop in temperature. The resulting change in the world's climate would devastate the planet, and scientists know that another eruption is due - they just don't know when."

It was nice knowing you, James! :)
Read it all because it's interesting. I even have some conspiracy "theories" about this which I'll leave out because it doesn't matter and you wouldn't believe it anyway! :D

I have to ask---how are supervolcanoes the result ofa conspiracy?

Imagine those that are near the explosion. I wonder how many decibles it would be and the eardrums it would blow as a result in animals and humans. I wonder how far out the high decible levels to cause such an act would be? Perhaps it would give new perception to sound heard around the world.

Also I wonder what kind of earthquake this would cause?

"Also I wonder what kind of earthquake this would cause?"

A 9.0 in LA from what some think.

"I have to ask---how are supervolcanoes the result ofa conspiracy?"

From Tesla technology. The Russian's version of our HAARP.

I've seen this caldera covered on PBS, Discovery, or Nat Geo before. The lake in the park one day began to flood a nearby woods. They investigated and found that the floor of the lake and bulge in it that was begining to rise and pushed the water out.

This is some scary stuff.

Well if it blows then that woild be it for E* since they uplink in that area. Where does DTV uplink from?

Here is a pic

yellowstone-volcano.gif

...sounds like this would be the proper sequal to "the core"-anyone up to pitching in for the financing????

Ya know...., this opens up some pretty interesting possibilities. As an example, do a search on real estate on Montserrat in the aftermath of their volcanic eruptions. Some pretty good deals to be had outside of the exclusionary zone. I was intrigued but my wife put the kabosh on the island waterfront retreat of my dreams [sigh]

Also, can you imagine how many animals would die and be laying around after breathing in the ash? The birds and wildlife especially within a certain distance of the volcano eruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)