INLINE SIGNAL BOOSTER- SVR T-Storms

Ray_Air

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 15, 2005
My Dish signal is pretty reliable. It is normally about 123 and 100 on the weaker bird. I lost the signal twice during 2 severe t-storm warnings. We had some more severe t-storms through here this morning and the signal stayed. I decided to check it to see where it was and the storm knocked it down to the 60's. If I added one of those RCA inline digital satellite amps would that help boost the signal during severe weather, or are they just intended for long RG-6 runs?

If you normally have 100-123 during normal weather and during the storm the signal stayed, don't worry about it!! An amp on't help you if anything you can overdrive your receiver.
During a heavy storm when the atmosphere is thick your signal will be attenuated to your LNB, so just wait it out!!

The only way to reduce rain fade at that point is to use a larger dish. It sounds like you have nearly perfect alignment as it is. A line amp will only help with very long cable runs, you cant amplify whats not even getting to the dish in the first place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)