Install Guys here and I have a question

FinalMacGyver

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Ohio
They told me that the turbo hd should be no problem but that the local channels would not be able to be gotten in hd becuase the neighbors tree is in the way, that I should be able to get them in sd. They also told me that even though when I signed up and selected a dvr for my hd tv and a reviecer for my other that the other would be the second tuner on the dvr and that that tv woulf technicly not be tru hd. Whats going on

Its possible that your HD locals are on a satellite that you do not have line of sight to but you may still get SD locals. HD is carried on 61.5 or 129. As for the DVR, both the 622 and 722 HD DVRS are indeed HD on TV1 but tv2 is just SD. You can view HD content but it will be downconverted.

is it possible to get tru hd on both tv's? The site did not make it clear that the second tv I selected would not be hd, it made me choose hd or sd and I picked hd, really mis leading

is it possible to get tru hd on both tv's? The site did not make it clear that the second tv I selected would not be hd, it made me choose hd or sd and I picked hd, really mis leading

Yes, it is somewhat misleading. If you want HD on both tv's you have to make a decision; you can use the one receiver you have, hook one tv up via HDMI and then run component cables to the second tv, but both tv's will have to watch the same thing. Alternatively, you could get a second receiver, maybe something like a 211 (if you only want one tuner in the second room), and have that with your second tv.

If your in Ohio and getting HD locals, you must be in Cleveland or Cincinnati. They are on 61.5 and 77, respectively. These are to the southwest.

Sounds like your getting a western arc setup, the standard 110/119/129 with a Dish 1000.2. Cleveland HD locals look like they will be mirrored to 129 at some point. SD locals are on 110.

To get HD on both TVs, you need 2 receivers. Not sure what site you looked at, but if you looked at the HD receivers page at Dish it clearly says
TV1 display supports five resolutions: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p Video-on-Demand

• SD content is up-converted
  • HD and SD output is simultaneous
TV2 display resolution is 480i

• HD content is down-converted

I guess I as expecting two recievers based on my order is submited. It was charging my 7 for the addtional reciever, or so I thought. Looks like western based off of what I can heard them talking about.

I guess I as expecting two recievers based on my order is submited. It was charging my 7 for the addtional reciever, or so I thought. Looks like western based off of what I can heard them talking about.

If there was an addiional $7 charge it would be for a 2nd receiver. Do not sign off on the install until you are satisfied. Call E* and talk to them if need be. These orders get screwed up.

Wow they have this all screwed up. My turbo hd bronze turned into bronze classic 100 with local and hd, about $20 more a month when it is all said and done. and my cinemax for a penny is gone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)