Installation Issue: IRDs do not see Dish 500 behind Sw21 Switch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ccuser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 10, 2008
Following was my previous setup that was working fine with 2 IRDs.

- Dish 500 with Twin DP LNB; pointed at 110 + 119 bird.
- Dish 300 with Single LNB; ; pointed at 148 bird
- Single (RG6) cable from each Dish (500 &300) going into SW21 switch and output to PVR 501 IRD
- Single (RG6) cable from ONLY Dish 500 to straight DP301.10 IRD

I recently got a another (3rd) TV, so I bought '' Quad DishPro " (with DP logo) lnb from flead bay, that suppose to allow me to connect upto 4 reciever to 110 + 119 birds. I replaced "Twin DP" LNB on dish 500 with "Quad DP" lnb. Now If I connect RG6 directly from dish 500 to IRD, I will get both 110 & 119 satellites.
but now my problem is:

If I connect both dish antennas to SW21 switch, then receiver does not see 110 nor 119. After running check switch, it performs 38 test then show " SW21 3-SAT switch " and lists only 148 bird. Any suggestion why is it not seeing dish 500????????

One more thing, check switch always used to run "38 test" . But if dish 500 with Quad lnb is directly connected, it will run only 2 test and list both birds. not that I am complainging that it gets done in matter of seconds that several minutes. Its kinds strange behavior.

I didn't think you could mix legacy with DP LNBs and switches, as you state in your first working scenario. Are you certain you didn't have a legacy twin?

The first setup must have been a legacy twin not a DP and that is why it worked before and not now.

I didn't think you could mix legacy with DP LNBs and switches, as you state in your first working scenario. Are you certain you didn't have a legacy twin?

Removed twin LNB has says " Digital LNBF". There is no DP logo on it, so I believe it is legacy model.

After previous replies , I searched for DP34 and installation guide for it. According to following guide, all I had to do is get DP34. there was no need for me to buy Quad DP LNB. Did I understand it correctly or I have to have quad lnb if I want more than 2 receivers.

OFFICAL DP34 guide:
hxxp://www.solidsignal.com/dishnetwork/DISH_Pro-DISH_Pro_Plus_Installation_Guides/DISH_Pro_DP34_Switch_Installation_Guide.pdf

Is it really true that I can tune upto 12 different channels simultaneously on upto 12 receiver with just one dish 500 and dish 300 ( and ofcourse 3 DP34). I don't wanna assume anything , just wanna double check with you guys.

Sure, although I don't think you'll be able to get more than 6 receivers on one account. Keep in mind both of your LNBFs will need to be DishPro in order for them to work with the DP34 switch.

What you originally needed was a legacy quad, not a DP quad. The DP34 will not work with your legacy dual/single (from the dish 300), you'd have to replace that to dishpro.

You can run 24 receivers off a DP Quad if you install 2 parallel systems with 3 DP34 switches each. If you upgraded those to DPP44 switches, you could run 24 dual tuners, for 48 total outlets, or just barely enough for Claude's house.

You can run 24 receivers off a DP Quad if you install 2 parallel systems with 3 DP34 switches each. If you upgraded those to DPP44 switches, you could run 24 dual tuners, for 48 total outlets, or just barely enough for Claude's house.

LOL. thank you guys for input. It was my first post here, you all have been very helpful. Keep up the good work:up

the LNB on dish 300 has "DP" logo on it. Now since I got " Quad DP LNB" on 500, I guess I am all good to go with DP34 switch setup.

The reason I am freaking out about number of running receiver is because it was my understanding that satellite setup is limited to only 2 receivers at most. But last night DP34 changed everything I believed in about satellite :eek:

I doubled check, and it turns out LNB on Dish 300 is actually legacy type. My concern is , Can I catch 148 satellite with ''DishPro'' twin or legacy lnb ?
I am asking because it is impossible to find single DP lnb on craiglist. Every one is offering twin or quad lnb.

I doubled check, and it turns out LNB on Dish 300 is actually legacy type. My concern is , Can I catch 148 satellite with ''DishPro'' twin or legacy lnb ?
I am asking because it is impossible to find single DP lnb on craiglist. Every one is offering twin or quad lnb.

Try looking for a DP DUAL, same as a DP single but with one more port and much more common than a DP Single.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)