Installation Question

cayenne

Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
Recently moved into a new house that is highly wooded. Am going to get DN installed.

The original owners had DTV, and the antenna was run about 150 yards to the back of the house where I guess they had a clear shot to the sky.

The programming I was interested in for now was the basic stuff plus international and in a few months, HDTV.

How many antenna's would I have to get installed, and would I have to run another cable line? There is already one run to the house, but would I need 2 runs.

As of now I am just installing on 3 tv's. The installer has offered 1- 522 and 1 -322. Later on I can call to upgrade to an HDTV box.

Thanks for the help.

Yes, you're gonna need more cable - and it's gonna have to be up-level stuff if we're really talking 450 feet - that's twice the maximum. Trouble is, I think it's way beyond the maximum for D* also, so something strange is going on.

Before we get too far, give us a zip code so we can get the aiming numbers, maybe it doesn't have to be all the way out there.

You might stick with Directv you would need two cables run from the dish to the outside of the house then you could use a 3 X 4 multiswitch to feed three receivers. I hope you are over estimating the distance 150 Ft is do able 150 yards is kind of hard for voltage and signal levels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts