Installation scheduled for June 28!

MarkP

Original poster
Jun 23, 2004
I ordered voom last weekend and have been reading this board for a week. I decided to check Yahoo to see if there was such a thing and voila here we are. And may I add this board is full of knowledge so I have just a quick couple of questions for you gurus.
I have D* and will no longer be subscribing to them once setup is complete, so can they use the existing cables?

What type of cable is best to use going from the satellite into the house?

Also, went ahead and got an extra antenna from radio shack just in case the one they bring does not bring in the OTA's. And I hope they bring the new stb with the new software and I will let you guys know if it is tomorrow.

RG6 cable is best. Try to talk the installer into running separate cables for antenna and sat instead of using diplexors.

Why run the two cables? I know that we have had problems with the di's but does it take away from the PQ. Should it be tried with using the di's and then if it dowsn't work then run another cable or is it best just to run the two cables and get it over with. I will be installing two stb's.

The two cables is your call. Some have had problems with diplexors and most haven't. If the installer tries to use the wineguard he brings he will have to use the diplexor to power it. If he uses yours then he can use two lines but then you have to consider how the second line will get to the STB from the antenna.

Run two cables anyway. Some day, when the DVR is here, I think you'll need it. Or you'll need it if you decide to go with another sat provider and want multiple rooms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)