Installing my first used C-Band dish. Will these components still work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You might try well drilling companies. Well Casing pipe has a higher steel content. I bought a 4" well casing pipe ( sch 40) full length (21') FOR $60 at a place that sells used construction material to mount one of my dishes.

Thanks Magic! I just submitted a quote on the metalsupermarkets website. Well see what these cats half to say tomorrow. They have a warehouse down in Richmond. I figure 10' x 3" id x 3 1/2" od. Hope i didn't confuse the guy. I have never bought metal before. Well except scrap cars that is...

WISP antenna is 920 MHz dual polarity... likely 900-930 MHz range. Radio us a Ubiquiti Rocket M900. They are fairly clean in the 3.7-4.2GHz range as far as I can remember. Think the model for the antenna is "intelletenna 900" or something like that. Fairly common WISP subscriber unit for rural areas where LOS is difficult due to obstructions or range.

Putting up your first C-band antenna is quite the experience. Take your time and think things through as you are putting it together, and make sure to ask of something doesn't make sense, someone here will have had experience with it. :) Can't wait to hear you have picked up your first signal! Good luck and have fun!

The WISP may be a problem if it uses the 3.65GHz channel.

WISP antenna is 920 MHz dual polarity... likely 900-930 MHz range. Radio us a Ubiquiti Rocket M900. They are fairly clean in the 3.7-4.2GHz range as far as I can remember. Think the model for the antenna is "intelletenna 900" or something like that. Fairly common WISP subscriber unit for rural areas where LOS is difficult due to obstructions or range.

You are correct on the radio it is a Ubiquiti Rocket M900.

Oh lord is this going to be a problem?

Thanks Magic! I just submitted a quote on the metalsupermarkets website. Well see what these cats half to say tomorrow. They have a warehouse down in Richmond. I figure 10' x 3" id x 3 1/2" od. Hope i didn't confuse the guy. I have never bought metal before. Well except scrap cars that is...

Metal Supermarket quoted me $80.00 so that certainly better.

Reactions: KE4EST
If you have a 3" ID pipe that is too short, you can insert it into a piece of 3.5" ID pipe and weld them together. Gives you the length you need and makes the pole stronger where the pipe is doubled.

Hey guys another question...

This guy up the street from me has 10' 6" of this size pipe. Is this pipe to thin for my 10' unimesh?

Thanks in advance
-b

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    91.7 KB · Views: 106
The guy just emailed me back he says it's It's schedule 10 sprinkler pipe & probably 1/8 thick. So i guess that's not going to work... darn

Look in the phone book for welding fabrication shops, they will probably have what you need.

A local shop supplied all the metals and made this for me for $75:

IMG_20150318_155701864.jpg IMG_20150318_155650489.jpg

Hello Wms
I had to use a 10' 3.5' od pipe for my Laux Beta-9, here are some pictures of the pipe install on the ground.
Regards.
Tunder

Attachments

• IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 147
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMAG0184.jpg
    IMAG0184.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMAG0145.jpg
    IMAG0145.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 122
I passed on this piece of pipe. It was a good deal @ $30.00 but in the end just way to thin. Thanks to all for the advise.

I remember paying about $60 for my 3 1/2 OD pipe. On the way home, I stopped by a local welding shop and had them weld a 12" angle iron near one of the ends of the pipe, the end that goes in the hole. This will prevents any possible rotation of the pipe in the ground, which will throw your dish terribly out of alignment.

I'm sure some people don't take that extra step, but I've never installed a c-band dish without it. I've done quite a few, but it's been quite a few years since I've put one in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting up your first C-band antenna is quite the experience. --This will be me! If you guys know of a company not in canada that sells these dishes let me know. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)