Installing SuperDish for Neighbor

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
My Neighbor got a used SuperDish and receiver from someone he knows. I know how to install and aim the SuperDish. When he goes to subscribe his receiver will they require him to get a new smart card? He has one in the receiver already.

Also since I'm installing and seting it all up without a professional installer will they even let him do this? I believe I can professionally install it better than most installers or at least better than ones that installed mine.

I think maybe since he has all the equipment it would be better because they couldn't require him to comment to 1 year of service like they do to me every single time I upgrade anything.

As long as the receiver doesn't have an outstanding balance, your neighbor should be able to subscribe to E* within their normal qualifying parameters. The smartcard has to be the yellow one. If it is blue, then he will need a replacement.

Also if the system was a leased system they will not activate the reciever.

Also if the system was a leased system they will not activate the reciever.

I don't know the history I guess he will find out when he tries to subscribe it. Looks like even if it was leased you could use it because I have a leased one and IF i dont' ship it back they charge me the cost of the receiver then wouldn't it be mine? :confused:

I don't know the history I guess he will find out when he tries to subscribe it. Looks like even if it was leased you could use it because I have a leased one and IF i dont' ship it back they charge me the cost of the receiver then wouldn't it be mine? :confused:

not likely, cause most people that dont send the reciever back probably also have an outstanding balance on their bill. Honestly i'm not sure if you do pay the charge if they consider it an owned reciever, but every reciever i have seen that was a pre-lease reciever was still considered a leased reciever by dish.
Cause I dont know about your neighbors friend, but i'm not going to pay a couple hundred bucks for a reciever and then turn around and give it to someone.

i don't recommend use of superdish...it's large and requires a more invasive mounting...it was only used as a bridge to getting more dbs bandwidth for locals...a 500 dish and clear-to-use receiver may be found cheap on ebay, and yes, you will probably do a better installation that dish would give you anyway

i don't recommend use of superdish...it's large and requires a more invasive mounting...it was only used as a bridge to getting more dbs bandwidth for locals...a 500 dish and clear-to-use receiver may be found cheap on ebay, and yes, you will probably do a better installation that dish would give you anyway
Yeah the small ones are easier to install. The superdish allows us to get local broadcasts around here. :)

Ok. New question. I have it installed and correctly aimed. :) For him to subscribe as a new subscriber with used equipment does he still have to pay the $49 activation fee? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts