Installing XM universal tunerbox

onsiteSat

Satellite Sales/Installs
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
Glendale, AZ
I got my hands on a XMD1000 universal Tunerbox. I am trying to install it in a 2005 Scion XB. I was told by some bonehead at the Toyota Dealership that the Terk XMDPIO100 adapter would work it has a adapter that looks like a stanard Pioneer "P" Plug, it makes sense because the Factory installed deck is a Pioneer deck made especially for Scion (Model DEH-M8047zt) Well anyway the plug for Pioneer looks like this:

--------
||oooo|
| ooOo|
||oooo|
--------

The plug however on the back of the Deck looks like this

----------------------
|oooooooooo||oooooo|
|oooooooooo||oooooo|
----------------------
(All male pins)

If anybody has any suggestions please reply to this post, Or email me.

@ onsiteSat,

Perchance does your Pioneer head unit have the XM logo embossed on the front of faceplate? If it doesn’t then your Pioneer head unit is not XM ready compatible and will not work in conjunction with the XMD1000 Universal Tuner Box and Trek XMDP10100 adapter.

Just in the fact your are inquiring about additional plugs leads me to believe your Pioneer head unit is not XM ready compatible because the XMD1000 Universal Tuner Box and the correct adapter are compatible and are plug and play and no addition plugs, adapters, and what not are required to install the equipment.

All XM ready compatible head units have the XM logo embossed on the front of the faceplate. If it doesn’t have the XM logo it isn’t XM ready compatible meaning that the head unit doesn’t have the XM satellite circuitry and controls built into the head unit. In short it won’t work.

I have found most car dealership are totally in dark concerning XM and/or Sirius satellite receivers. If in fact your factory installed Pioneer head unit is XM ready compatible your car dealership will have a part number for an installation kit available. If your car dealership cannot provide you with the part number for installation kit will tell you that your factory installed is not XM ready compatible.

Regards,
Retsaoc

onsiteSat said:
I got my hands on a XMD1000 universal Tunerbox. I am trying to install it in a 2005 Scion XB. I was told by some bonehead at the Toyota Dealership that the Terk XMDPIO100 adapter would work it has a adapter that looks like a stanard Pioneer "P" Plug, it makes sense because the Factory installed deck is a Pioneer deck made especially for Scion (Model DEH-M8047zt) Well anyway the plug for Pioneer looks like this:

--------
||oooo|
| ooOo|
||oooo|
--------

The plug however on the back of the Deck looks like this

----------------------
|oooooooooo||oooooo|
|oooooooooo||oooooo|
----------------------
(All male pins)

If anybody has any suggestions please reply to this post, Or email me.

I just purchased my new 2005 Scion XB. I already have the xmdirect unit from my last card... were you able to make this work with the TERK Adapter, or did you have to go wiht the Dealer Installed XM Receiver... If thats the case I will probably go back to my Kennwood sterio that works great with the TERK.

Any help or suggestions... $49 vs $400+ to acheive the same thing seems like a big waste of money.

Later
CoolTv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)