Interactive Functions on the HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcbeevee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
Has anyone tried using the interactive features on their HR20? I can get the interactive screen to appear using the Active button, but I can't choose anything with the arrow keys. Also tried the arrow keys on the mix channels, but it did not work. Am I missing something in the setup? :confused:

It works on mine, I played around with the ST interactive features which were pretty cool, and I also did the weather interactive channel which IMO sux! The info on interactive weather is a joke, it looks like it came out of last weeks USA Today, was expecting something better than that, I guess I will have to keep basic cable to get the Weather Channel local forecast.

I've used them but mainly for the Sunday Ticket stuff. I think there is plenty of potential there. The Players alert is good but not frequent enough. I like the scoreboard feature. It still needs some work and more focus to the HD channels but I think its where they should focus their ineractive energy.

As for the Active button. I tired it and it was whatever. Try to hit the Yellow button to make screen interactive. I tried a few things but it was functional and ok but I dont see myself spending any time here.

mcbeevee said:
Has anyone tried using the interactive features on their HR20? I can get the interactive screen to appear using the Active button, but I can't choose anything with the arrow keys. Also tried the arrow keys on the mix channels, but it did not work. Am I missing something in the setup? :confused:

Sounds like you need a reset.

I finally got it to work last night. After hitting the Active button to get to the interactive screen, I started pressing the different color buttons, and the menu option appeared. Maybe it was the yellow button like Brewer suggested. :up

Last edited:
mcbeevee said:
I finally got it to work last night. After hitting the Active button to get to the interactive screen, I started pressing the different color buttons, and the menu option appeared. Maybe it was the yellow button like Brewer suggested. :up

You do not have to press anything for the yellow box around selections work, I will wager you just were not waiting long enough, sometimes it can take 20+ seconds before it lets you navigate. Glad you got it working anyhow. The yellow button is used to switch Audio channels, it really has nothing to do much with Active.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts