Interesting article: Moss should be MVP, not Brady....

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
....and the article makes some very good points that you really can't argue:

This isn't the first time he made a good offense outstanding. The scoring record the Patriots are chasing is the standard Moss' 1998 Vikings established. In that same year, Moss, a rookie at the time, turned 35-year-old Randall Cunningham into the league's top passer. Cunningham threw 34 TDs and 10 INTs and the Vikings finished the regular season 15-1.

Randy, despite 17 TDs and 1,313 receiving yards, didn't win the MVP that year because Terrell Davis took a run at Eric Dickerson's single-season rushing record, cracking 2,000 yards. Well, the excuse this year will be Brady's numbers. I'm not knocking Brady. He's an incredible player. He's just not as valuable as Randy Moss. There's only one Randy Moss. When he shows up motivated, focused and ready to have fun, records fall, defenses quiver, quarterbacks have once-in-a-lifetime seasons and his teams win ... by lots of points.

Moss is doing more for Brady than Brady is doing for Moss. The same thing could be said about Cunningham and Jeff George, who both looked Elway-esque winging footballs to Moss.

"Intimidation," George explained. "Defensive backs are trained to turn and play the football. Guys are too scared to turn away from Randy. You'll see two DBs running with Randy, but they'll never turn and find the football because they're too afraid to take their eyes off Randy. As a quarterback, you just throw it up to Randy no matter the coverage because you know he'll be only guy looking for the football." How many times have we seen that this season — two guys wrapped around Randy and Brady floating a ball into traffic?

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Moss is more valuable than Brady

Yes Moss is very good when he wants to play...
Unfortunatly he's very selfish.

He's willing to play IF he's on a good team, but you all saw what a problem child he was when he went to a team that wanted him to help them to get better. (Oak)
Anyone plays better when your on a winning team, it's what you do on a lousy team that determines your character.

Jimbo

My unconventional pick for the MVP is the Pats' offensive line. Not Brady or Moss. That OL has crushed everybody, they're the reaosn Brady can have a beer between the snap and throwing a TD. They're the reason Moss has lunch before he gets open and catches the TD. 1st in pass offense; 5th in rushing offense; numerous injuries and a stable of castoffs-become-studs. It's all starts up-front with the line. Hell, the skill players seldom even get dirty!

Since the whole line won't ever get votes, I'll go with the C, Dan Koppen.

BTW, it's painful to admit all of that b/c I really can't stand the Pats or Belicheat.

Very true! I could not imagine Moss with Peyton or Brett!!~:eek:

Why? Are they some how better than Brady?

He made a lot of money for Deion Branch and David Givens, and what have they done since? Hear Daniel Graham's name mentioned much since he signed the big deal with Denver?

Moss has been great this year, but Brady, has won 3 rings without him. Pairing the best QB with the most talented WR has made for a special season.

BTW, the same offensive line has been together for the most part for the last 2-3 years.

Moss has been great this year, but Brady, has won 3 rings without him.

Yes he has but he has not won one since Adam Vinatieri left right? I don't remember any big numbers from Brady prior to this year but, i sure do remember NE three super Bowl victory's. What three wins by a combined 9 points?? Now granted Brady has won 2 Super Bowl MVP's but come on i think the O line or Kicker deserved it more!! Just like last year Dominic Rhodes should have!!

He's willing to play IF he's on a good team, but you all saw what a problem child he was when he went to a team that wanted him to help them to get better. (Oak)
Anyone plays better when your on a winning team, it's what you do on a lousy team that determines your character.

Jimbo

This is very true! Good POST!:up

Jimbo

Good post and very true...I know, I am a Raiders fan.....BUT, we are talking about character...hell, there are TONS of players in the NFL that have crappy character...but that is not the issue here. I have seen alot of Patriots games and EVERY TD Randy Moss has scored on has been shown, and at least half are just Brady chucking it up in hopes that Moss gets it...and I could almost swear he has gotten more than half.

My unconventional pick for the MVP is the Pats' offensive line. Not Brady or Moss. That OL has crushed everybody, they're the reaosn Brady can have a beer between the snap and throwing a TD. They're the reason Moss has lunch before he gets open and catches the TD. 1st in pass offense; 5th in rushing offense; numerous injuries and a stable of castoffs-become-studs. It's all starts up-front with the line. Hell, the skill players seldom even get dirty!

Since the whole line won't ever get votes, I'll go with the C, Dan Koppen.

BTW, it's painful to admit all of that b/c I really can't stand the Pats or Belicheat.

I am with you here 100%! Both in the statement of the O-line and the "love" you have for the Patriots!

Why? Are they some how better than Brady?

Again, I am no Pats fan. But credit is definitely due and Brady is outstanding. He's on the field despite constant shoulder pain and isn't whining when he still puts the long-ball on the money. He's a leader.

The difference is the type of leadership. Brady is in a team-environment that circles around buying-into the Belicheat system, putting total faith in the coaching staff to make the calls and the players to execute.

Favre and Manning lead in a different way: they demand that the players fall-into-line and call people out when they don't. They expect their teammates to do as-told, they act as colonels on the field and report to the general on the sideline... the players are enlisted. Their role is between the coach and the rest; Brady is on the same plane as his team.

The Pats' system is a different type of "team society". Who knows, it's only his first year there, maybe Moss is a better fit for the Pats' system than the conventional team system.

Yes he has but he has not won one since Adam Vinatieri left right? I don't remember any big numbers from Brady prior to this year but, i sure do remember NE three super Bowl victory's. What three wins by a combined 9 points?? Now granted Brady has won 2 Super Bowl MVP's but come on i think the O line or Kicker deserved it more!! Just like last year Dominic Rhodes should have!!

"They only won by 9 points"

"They are running up the score"

:confused:WHATEVER.

"They only won by 9 points"

"They are running up the score"

:confused:WHATEVER.

comparing apples and oranges an you know it...THOSE Super Bowl teams and THIS team are totaly different......so YES, they DID win by only 9 points and YES, they are running up the score.....but so what, if you can...you can...

....the REAL stupid thing is having Brady drop back to throw a deep pass ahead by 30 in the 4th when WE ALL KNOW damn well that he should be on the bench....because there WILL be a deffensive player pist enough to take a cheap shot at him AFTER he has released a pass....and there goes HIS knee....THE season AND the Super Bowl chances....and the Belicheck will have to coach without his main star....

comparing apples and oranges an you know it...THOSE Super Bowl teams and THIS team are totaly different......so YES, they DID win by only 9 points and YES, they are running up the score.....but so what, if you can...you can...

....the REAL stupid thing is having Brady drop back to throw a deep pass ahead by 30 in the 4th when WE ALL KNOW damn well that he should be on the bench....because there WILL be a deffensive player pist enough to take a cheap shot at him AFTER he has released a pass....and there goes HIS knee....THE season AND the Super Bowl chances....and the Belicheck will have to coach without his main star....

Thanks Salsadancer!! It's easy to see you have played sports before and understand what i am saying!:up

Yes he has but he has not won one since Adam Vinatieri left right? I don't remember any big numbers from Brady prior to this year but, i sure do remember NE three super Bowl victory's. What three wins by a combined 9 points?? Now granted Brady has won 2 Super Bowl MVP's but come on i think the O line or Kicker deserved it more!! Just like last year Dominic Rhodes should have!![/QUOTE

Three Suer Bowls and each bya foeld goa. But Brady earned his rings. In he first game Vinatieri kicked the winning feld goal after time expired but Brady and the rest of the team put together a pretty impressive last miute drive to get in fiel goal range.

A receiver has never won the MVP and never will, not saying he shouldn't, that is just the way it works for some reason.

Jimbo
Why don't we ask Bridget Moynahan about Tom Brady's character? Knocks her up, then leaves her for a younger woman...And doesn't Brett Favre hold the Packers hostage every year by keeping them wondering if he'll come back for another season? I wonder how Javon Walker feels about Favre's character. As you can see, character is a very relative term that's often used quite subjectively.

Why don't we ask Bridget Moynahan about Tom Brady's character? Knocks her up, then leaves her for a younger woman...And doesn't Brett Favre hold the Packers hostage every year by keeping them wondering if he'll come back for another season? I wonder how Javon Walker feels about Favre's character. As you can see, character is a very relative term that's often used quite subjectively.

YUP...just as long as you win!! You hit it right on the nose!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)