International channels, that are english....

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Is there a list I could find of what International channels that are English speaking? With D* and E*? That would be possible to get with my excisting setup. Slimline ,and 110,119,61.5 E* system?

One of the CCTV (Chinese) channels is in English. One Korean (KBS?) is in English. And, TVJapan has a few shows with secondary English audio and/or subtitles.

There may be others. (Also, not sure if all of those are available on your setup. Some internationals are 118 only, I believe.)

Euronews in English (there area other feeds in other languages offered) has all the voice-over in English. But how about internationals with English subtitles. TV5 (French) plays all their movies--and they play quite a number of the--with English subtitles, while other programs such as then news and other entertainment shows are in French only.

Also, EuroChannel is supposed to have 100% English subtitles. Most of the programming in French.

KBS is in Korean with English Subtitles. Only the KBS World News, some show hosted by a small eye girl and a show locally produced by KBS America in Los Angeles are English.

Is there a list I could find of what International channels that are English speaking? With D* and E*? That would be possible to get with my excisting setup. Slimline ,and 110,119,61.5 E* system?

With all the international programming Dish offers, I'm a bit surprised they don't have a British package. That would be one international package I'd subscribe to.

With all the international programming Dish offers, I'm a bit surprised they don't have a British package. That would be one international package I'd subscribe to.
Because rights to the more popular British TV series are already owned by American channels (PBS, Scifi, BBC America, etc...).

Even in Canada, the only channel offered is BBC WorldNews, as Canadian channels buy up rights to show the more popular British shows.

Because rights to the more popular British TV series are already owned by American channels (PBS, Scifi, BBC America, etc...).

Even in Canada, the only channel offered is BBC WorldNews, as Canadian channels buy up rights to show the more popular British shows.

Yes, and BBC America in particular has snapped U.S. rights and airs shows from nearly all its UK competitors: Channel 4, Sky . . . etc. all of them that air non-U.S. programming.

I can't figure out why CTV Newsnet & CBC Newsworld have never been available to any other country except Canada. There are so many Canadians down here that would probably welcome and pay for those channels ala-carte. The fact that Dish & Directv don't have them encourages anyone who wants them to go "grey" market.

Is it CTV, CBC, the CRTC that prevents them from being available outside Canada OR is it that outside countries don't have any interest in making them available? Do they think that ONLY Canadians living in Canada are the only ones who have any interest in having them to watch? Do they think that Canadians only live in Canada? (Incidentally, I have both Canadian & U.S. citizenship.)

I've often thought XM Canada would do well to offer an audio feed of CTV Newsnet, since CBC is off limits to XM (due to CBC owning part of Sirius Canada).

I do think the real answer is lack of interest. On September 11, 2001, Home Shopping Network (USA) carried CBC Newsworld continuous coverage. And, CTV Newsnet will (apparently) sell its live stream subscription to Americans, but I'm not sure whether the $5.95 monthly fee is in CAN$ or USD$.

And, CTV Newsnet will (apparently) sells its live stream subscription to Americans, but I'm not sure whether the $5.95 monthly fee is in CAN$ or USD$.

It's about the same in U.S. currency. You can also add BNN (Business News Network; the Canadian equivalent to CNBC) for another $3. I get both on my computer. You can also watch a live stream of The National on the CBC video site as well as live streams of the local news broadcasts on the CBC stations around Canada. Then they have them made available later for you to watch them as well. You can also watch an archieved copy of A-Channel News from Barrie, Ontario later as well (Most of my family lives in that area. It's pretty neat to watch the same news they have.) The other A-Channels throughout Canada probably also have them available too, although I've never checked being that I mostly watch the Toronto area news (being that's where my roots are).

CTV.ca | CTV News, Shows and Sports -- Canadian Television
CBC.ca - Canadian News Sports Entertainment Kids Docs Radio TV
A-Channel | Barrie/Toronto

Check them out (Did you hear how I said "out"?)

KBS is in Korean with English Subtitles. Only the KBS World News, some show hosted by a small eye girl and a show locally produced by KBS America in Los Angeles are English.

I don't have a dish at 148 any more, but I used to see a channel in preview every once in a while called "Arrang" or something like that which seemed to be an English-speaking Korean channel.

They had this great commercial with an animated piece of Kimchi. "Oh Mr Kimchi, you're so popular!" When I worked in TV news, I produced a fake newscast gag reel for a Christmas party and used it for one of the commercial breaks.