Is a phone line or internet connection required

fatpug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Here
I am wanting to move a receiver to my shop. It does not have phone/internet. Does dish require it?

They used to, three or four years ago, $5.00 fee if not, but no longer.

I have three receivers and had always understood it was a requirement for all receivers to be connected to a phone line and if not connected an audit was likely. To avoid the pain I keep my receivers connected, however, if its no longer a requirement I could save 20 odd bucks a month by getting rid of the landline that I only maintain for this purpose.

Perhaps the Dirt team could make a definitive statement on the landline requirement?

I have three receivers and had always understood it was a requirement for all receivers to be connected to a phone line and if not connected an audit was likely. To avoid the pain I keep my receivers connected, however, if its no longer a requirement I could save 20 odd bucks a month by getting rid of the landline that I only maintain for this purpose.

Perhaps the Dirt team could make a definitive statement on the landline requirement?

Why don't you PM a DIRT member for that acknowledgment....

Landline not needed if you have dsl connected to the receivers. That will satisfy audit team as well.

Some people have reported that Dish contacted them that they needed service. Apprently when the receiver phones home, even on wifi, it does send diagnostics back to Dish.

I have U-verse which is still DSL but at 24/3 speeds it's plenty and since Charter is my only alternative I'm going to be sticking with this as long as I can.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Do you have SD receivers? If you have ViPs or Hoppers you could just use your Internet connection. I have also heard "audit nazi" horror stories so I keep all of my receivers connected to broadband at all times since there are so many I'm sure they would have a blast shutting them all down for no reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)