Is Dish really going to pay for techs to sawp the SD105 for D000 in some areas?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I was just wondering, for the areas where the locals are on sat 129 and 105, if they were really going to contact people to swap the dishes for a D1000?

For example, Richmond, VA, and Charlottesville, VA, are and on both 105 and 129. If they are indeed going to get rid of SD 105, wouldn' they have to upgrade a lot of people?

Can somebody fix the title? I know, I don't type very well.....In any of the 5 languages I speak.

Last edited:
I am wondering this myself since I am in the Charleston/Huntington WV market. Our locals are also on the SD105 and the D1000 129. If they choose to put the locals on 110 then no dish swapouts would be needed since they both receive 110 and only a Dish500 would be required to pick them up.

I wonder what they will use 105 and 121 for in the future since they are taking all of these local channels off of those slots. I also wonder if they have decided to just keep the 105/129 markets on 105 to prevent the cost of the swapouts. They might figure that it is cheaper to keep it there than what the cost is to swap the dishes out until a better solution in the future can be found. It is good to have another option to pickup locals if people cannot pick them up off of 129. 105 is easier to hit.

Stargazer said:
It is good to have another option to pickup locals if people cannot pick them up off of 129. 105 is easier to hit.
An installer in Richmond told me that, from time to time, they will still get work orders for the SD 105. He was a contractor, so he might have been wrong.

I haven't sen a SD 105 go up in a while, but, with the elevation of 129 being so low, 105 is easier to hit

I never would have thought that they would have a work order for a 105 unless they cannot hit 129 from there.

At least in Columbus, Ohio, there hasn't been any mass exodus from the 105 to the 129 (Columbus locals were made available late last year on the 129). With that said, if there are any trouble calls where the LNB is the problem, we're told to replace the SD with a D1000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts