Is DISH taking a break on Auditing?

Jafoo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2005
I havent heard many complaints about Dish Auditing accounts since they decided to drop OLN, drop Lifetime/Lifetime Movies, Increased DVR rates and Increased package prices. Have they just stopped this practice or are people just not as mad about it as they used to be?

They called me a month ago. It said "Unknown Caller", so I didnt bother to answer it. They left a message asking me to call back. I never did.

If you do not call back all of your additional receivers beyond the first not connected to a phoneline will become disconnected.

Stargazer said:
If you do not call back all of your additional receivers beyond the first not connected to a phoneline will become disconnected.

I'm not following what you are saying.

Do you mean they will keep the primary receiver and any receivers hooked to a phone line on even if you don't call back?

From what I've herd from previous customers I've installed. If Dish Audit team calls you and you don't return there call, any receiver that hasn't reported in will be deactivated but you'll still pay the additional receiver fee's to motivate you to call them back.

I fully expect an audit from them this month or next as I've had mine disconnected from the phone line off and on because of rewiring my phone and RG6 lines over the last couple of weeks.

How often do the receivers call in?

I'm new to 301's and had to "make" one of them call in when I installed it.

I've checked a few times and it seems they always say "no call out pending" or something like that.

I was going to make them call in everyday just to mess with them, but I guess you can't do that.

The receivers usually only call in once a month unless a PPV needs to be reported.

My 625 calls in more often then that and I have never ordered PPV's.

301's though don't have to report like a Dual Tuner does.

The whole reason for these audits are because of people keeping there boxes from calling in, in order to not be charged for PPVs. I was at a house several months ago for a Dish mover. I went to plug the receiver into the phone jack and she went nuts and said never do that. I was like OK your account your problem. So while shes signing the paper work and talking to Dish I check the PPV ordered list and see roughly $300 of PPV's waiting to be reported. I also notice she's got software upgrades turned off and is running at least year old software on the machine. Can't wait to see her get hit by the Audit team.

I think they have additional software in the latest dual tuner receivers (DPP ones) that gives back additional information through the phoneline through their advanced diagnostics. Maybe someone knows more about this on the boards than I do. Could be to see if your receiver or software is having issues and they can moniter it on their end.

TheDishNetworkInstaller said:
Yeah there's a diagnostic screen that shows several counters for errors. I imagine those get reported back to Dish when it dials in.

Mine shows every time I've unplugged it. There's even a Kernel Panic counter.

Is there one on the 721? How do you get to it?

What other models have the advanced diag screen?

Question on Auditing

I have a 921 and a 501 or something like that and I don't have them connected to a phone line. If I ever wanted to watch a PPV I would use the website. I just don't want to string any more cables behind my TV.

I have never been called. I thought you couldn't order anything from PPV without having either the phone cable connected OR using the E* website to order it.

I been called twice in the last two months. Today was the latest and he thought my receivers weren't hooked up to the phone line. I told him that both of my 942s are hooked up and they reported the pay per views because they were both added to my bill. He looked and said " You're right I see they did call in , One on Dec 19 th and the other on January 3rd. Never Mind, have a nice day!"

Don't you just love being harrassed by your satellite provider?

"Dish Network / Better Harrassment for All ."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)