Is DTV offering money for Dish customers?

Clancy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
It was mentioned last week that satellite dealers were sent a letter informing them that DTV has offered a $150. cash back to any former or recent Dish Network customer who has or will be leaving because of loosing distant networks.
They have mentioned that they are a provider that can offer the networks.

You have to live in a qualifying zip code such as, Mankato,MN., Zanesville,OH., Monterey/Salinas,CA., Springfield/Holyoke,MA., Wilmington,NC., and Myrtle Beach/Florence,SC.

I wonder why just these areas? If it works for DTV, I guess they can thank the NAB for the unexpected new customers. Or was it unexpected?

It was mentioned last week that satellite dealers were sent a letter informing them that DTV has offered a $150. cash back to any former or recent Dish Network customer who has or will be leaving because of loosing distant networks.
They have mentioned that they are a provider that can offer the networks.

You have to live in a qualifying zip code such as, Mankato,MN., Zanesville,OH., Monterey/Salinas,CA., Springfield/Holyoke,MA., Wilmington,NC., and Myrtle Beach/Florence,SC.

I wonder why just these areas? If it works for DTV, I guess they can thank the NAB for the unexpected new customers. Or was it unexpected?
D* is not offering a "BOUNTY" on DISH but in some zip codes as you specified they have special offers for NEW customers. Here in the Dallas market you can qualify for a $150 rebate over 15 months. Direvctv dosen't care if you came from DISH or cable as long as you come to them.:)

You do know News Corp owns D* and they also own FOX Broadcasting, the only broadcaster who wouldn't accept the offer from DISH.

It seems like it is targeted at Dish Network no matter how you look at it. They offer it to all subscribers maybe due to the fact that there are some people that used to have satellite which may qualify and want to sign up. This could also work as a test offer that they might launch nationwide if they felt that it brought them lots more customers.

D* is not offering a "BOUNTY" on DISH but in some zip codes as you specified they have special offers for NEW customers. Here in the Dallas market you can qualify for a $150 rebate over 15 months. Direvctv dosen't care if you came from DISH or cable as long as you come to them.:)

You do know News Corp owns D* and they also own FOX Broadcasting, the only broadcaster who wouldn't accept the offer from DISH.

You do know that the "offer" was a dead letter and it wouldn't have mattered one whit if Rupert himself accepted it while dressed in a tutu?

Now wait a minute. If a person can pick up the networks with DTV, why couldn't they pick them up in those select cities with Dish?

In the case of Zanesville, Ohio, Dish can't provide Columbus locals due to Zanesville having a NBC affiliate....pretty much killing it for everything else. So wouldn't it stand to reason Direct couldn't pick up networks as well?????

Duh!

Although I never used the word "BOUNTY" in my opening posting, it none the less is an appropriate thought that I should have used. Thank you.

webbydude said:
In the case of Zanesville, Ohio, Dish can't provide Columbus locals due to Zanesville having a NBC affiliate....pretty much killing it for everything else. So wouldn't it stand to reason Direct couldn't pick up networks as well?????
DirecTV is offering the NBC station in Zanesville to customers in Zanesville. Through significantly-viewed, DirecTV is offering the other networks from Columbus. The injunction placed upon the distant network license would give Dish Network no ability to show the Columbus networks to the Zanesville market.

DirecTV is offering the NBC station in Zanesville to customers in Zanesville. Through significantly-viewed, DirecTV is offering the other networks from Columbus. The injunction placed upon the distant network license would give Dish Network no ability to show the Columbus networks to the Zanesville market.

Wow!! Now how messed up is THAT situation. The way I see it, it certainly reeks of double-standards in that case, doesn't it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)