Is it just me, or is the constantly-changing...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Referee

Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Southeast US
quagmire of pricing schemes that DISH employs hopelessly confusing and next to impossible to properly monitor.

I have been a subscriber for years through my phone company (CenturyTel with autopay), and I never know when changes occur. I try to read the pricing packages (schemes?) online, I after 10-15 minutes, I close out shaking my head.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it intentional?

What, you don't have a triple doctorate degree in maths, marketing and politics? That's all that's required to understand Dish pricing policies and fees.

For me, the trick was to look at the lists of channels available, and pick a package based on that. Rather than obsessing over the pricing policy, I just have to decide if it's worth it to me to get a given channel. For example, I decided that I didn't care enough about the Bravo channel to pay the difference between the 120 and 200 packages.

DISH Network - Packages - Comparison - 1.800.823.4929

I've always received written notice when my charges are going to increase. Maybe CenturyTel isn't passing the word along?

hey just bend over hold ankles:)

Seriously they must be churning thru marketing people each attempting to put his mark on things.

Buty its no good for customers.

Simple and easy to understand is far better:)

What is so confusing? If you don't understand, why not ask someone who knows. Go to an authorized retailer and ask them.

What is so confusing? If you don't understand, why not ask someone who knows. Go to an authorized retailer and ask them.

Or just look at your bill. Pretty black and white IMO. A heck of a lot simpler than my wireless bill.

quagmire of pricing schemes that DISH employs hopelessly confusing and next to impossible to properly monitor.

I have been a subscriber for years through my phone company (CenturyTel with autopay), and I never know when changes occur. I try to read the pricing packages (schemes?) online, I after 10-15 minutes, I close out shaking my head.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Is it intentional?

It's just you.

In defense of OP, perhaps it's the way his Telco is presenting the bill.

Which bill is confusing?

The one before Feb 1st or the new bills?

Then there is the June 3rd change and the 6 month tv2 credit will end in July.

But other than that it should be clear as mud....

Once you read the customer agreement and realize that Dishnetwork can change prices at anytime,anywhere,for any reason.You too will say"Thank you sir!,may I have another"?.;):D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ]YouTube - Kevin Bacon - Fraternity Paddle[/ame] :eek:

I have a bundle with CenturyLink as well. The way that they present the Dish portion of the bill is extremley confusing. I know exactly what he is talking about.

I think the op is refering to all the crap dish has been pulling lately. hell all the guides they hand out still say bronze 100, not the 120 channels. they need to give out dish Latino guides too. they've changed their pricing structure at least 3 times in under one year. Also dish does have a lot of hidden charges which i think is misleading to a LOT of customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts