Is it just me or

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Is it just my eyes or do the hd channels look very sharp on some days and not so sharp on others. I know there is allot of up converted sd and they look like good DVD on my TV, but is it possible all hd stations program lite hd on some days and good sharp on others.
I sometimes wonder if my eyes are failing me. Never worried about this with old SD, it was just OK all the time, but now with hd its a whole new ball game

Overall the last week or too I thought things look really good! I really noticed it on FoodHD lastnight it was unreal how the food look! I also adjusted my HD Setup in the menu set it from 480p which I think is the default to 1080i.. Either I think the overall PQ is getting better.. But of course they will not always say when they are adjusting things they will just show up.. It also looked like the Voom channels were a little better also.. :)

Last edited:
Poke, if your ViP receiver has been set at 480p all this time, you ain't seen nuthin yet! :)

HD has brought out in me the realization that my vision is worse than I thought. I guess the eyes have to do more work to discern the HD image vs the SD blurryvision. I find myself wearing my glasses a whole lot more when watching TV. With SD, it makes no difference whether I wear them or not.

Last edited:
Yeah well that was my fault haveing it set to 480p.. LOL! I knew about the setting but in the past on my old tv and old 811 it would crunch the guide in.. So yeah I knew about just had forgot.. :)

Yeah, watching good hd does require glasses to see all unless you are blessed with 20-20 without glasses.
Somewhere I read that when watching hd you should sit about 6 feet from a big screen tv and 10 feet or more when watching sd.
I sit about 10 feet all the time and when sd is on the glasses are off but on with hd. Good hd that is and tnt seems to be the one not giving us much good hd.,

Yeah I watch TNT some mainly for the NASCAR Races those seem to look really well..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts