Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Ok,

Had a bad experience with direc for really the first time in my
10 years with them.

The past 2 years they have given me credits for machines that were
over heating.

Also bad lnbs...

In that time I have asked for a credit once-I had no service for 3 days.
The rest of the credits were given to me offered by the CSRs.

I might add I have had the protection plan.

I have also for the last couple of years had the center ice as well as the nfl ticket.

Before renewing the NFL ticket today, I asked for the special price.
The crs gave it to me for 149. Great!

Well, after checking my acct online they charged me full pop 299
I called back and they told me they cant give me that deal? Because my acct is flagged for too many credits?

So I basically said your not honoring that price because ''you'' gave me those credits and your flagging my acct because of it?

So, they are looking into it to see if I can still get the promo price.

Im livid...

First time ive been treated poorly by direc??

My knee jerk reaction is close my acct down.

Any advice?

i agree its you, the fact that you called and asked for st credit is ridiculous. if you cant affoard full price cancel st. dont expect or feel you deserve a credit for st, cause you dont.

If something is wrong or your out of service. You ask for credit-Period!

I guess I was looking for some serious advise rather than someone jumping down my throat.

Thanks!

I kind of find it rude you people respond like that. First of all she wouldn't be pissed if he/she was turned down for a credit. But getting a credit and then not keep their promise is ridiculous. Now I would agree with you people if she originally asked for a credit and didn't get it, but to be offered then charge full price is just wrong.

That would be something I would cancel service over too. And I've only been with DirecTV for 3 years. (Was paying for it as my moms house for 3 years before opening my own account at my new apartment).

You guys are a Huge help. Why don't you stop kissing D* A$$ and say something constructive.
Didn't sound like Whinning and crying to me. He was offered a good deal, and then charged him full price. He asking what can be done, Not be attacked by massive D* fanboys. And you all want to talk crap about me, Grow Up!

Lern!, Sorry but I would go through retension, and atleast get your payments broken down , If they won't give you what they offered you.

afaik directs prices are non negotiable.
why should others get credit, when there are plenty of people happily paying full price?

i find it rude of you to ASSume the original poster is female when thier post doesnt identify gender.

I put he/she first of all. Sorry that I only put she by accident the second time. People make mistakes.
I just think that if you're offered a price they should stick to that, and if they can't offer the price at least contact the customer and let them know that they were unable to get the discounted price instead of just charging full price.
I just find that messed up. Sorry if you see it differently then me.

afaik directs prices are non negotiable.
why should others get credit, when there are plenty of people happily paying full price?

i find it rude of you to ASSume the original poster is female when thier post doesnt identify gender.
You've been a big help, Just keep posting nonsence. :mad: Incase you didn't know," He "is used as a general term for describing any human. Sorry but thats just the way it is.
And the OP was offered a deal and accepted, and they flat out lied and over charged the OP. Read the whole story instead jumping right into the D* does no wrong BS. Just because you have a Supporting founder title gives you NO right to be that rude to someone who supports this website.:mad:

Folks, it is understood, that D* will offer a deal on almost all of their programing if you call them. I know that and I think lern4483 knows that as well. I haven't paid full price for ST..ever. This is the way D* runs things..regardless of if you think it's right or wrong.

If you call.. ANY business and they agree to give you a discount and they didn't don't- I feel it's ok to get upset.

However, I'm concerned about the hostility of the response to his question. Was that really necessary? He was asking a legitimate question that most of us who have D* would understand.

Sat Guys isn't going to grow if people can't ask questions, without fear of reprisal.

Mods? Your thoughts?

You did nothing wrong with what you did IMO. In these economic times there is nothing wrong with trying to get your services discounted.

For the ones that are giving a hard time over it, I guess you have never tried to negotiate a price for anything you are buying.

Now the only part that might have been better is not to ask for discounts for every single item you have go wrong. Most likely they have a limit of how many discounts can be applied to an account at any given time.

There is no rule saying you cannot ask for a discounted price. If a person asks and D* says yes, D* should honor that price. If they say no, you pay full price. I don't think the OP is mad they said no, I think he/she is mad that they recanted their offer. Their chance to say no was when the question was asked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts