Is it that some of you just can't read.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Scott and crew were good enough to listem to us and add another sub forum to the Dish forum so threads could be better organized but it seems like a lot of threads are still not going where they're supposed to.

Below each sub forum, it says what goes in there. Get off yer lazy arses, read the friggen thing and start threads where they belong.

This thread is not about Dish network. What is it doing under the Dish Topic. Can't you read?

jerryez said:
This thread is not about Dish network. What is it doing under the Dish Topic. Can't you read?
Well it started out as a Dish forum topic but was quickly hijacked. School must not be in session today.:rolleyes:

Why was this thread moved?

My post was directly related to the "Dish" forum, so I'm not sure how effective it will be over here. Also, it would be productive to at least let a person know why their thread is being moved.

There are at least a half dozen theads in the regular Dish forum and Dish Tech forum that are HD related and should be in the Dish HD forum.

It isn't going to do much for good for you guys to organize these forums if people arn't going to at least try to follow the rules.

IMHO a thread relating to "Dish Forum" protocol belongs in the "Dish Forum" .

that was the main reason some of the sub forums were removed. alot of people did not use them properly. they were removed, people complained, they came back, and they are still not used properly.

i did not move your thread, but i can bet it was moved because like you said it was hijacked and it would have led to nothing good.

korsjs said:
that was the main reason some of the sub forums were removed. alot of people did not use them properly. they were removed, people complained, they came back, and they are still not used properly.
Yea, I hear you. It's too bad too. Maybe if regular users would step in more and say something to the individules when it first happens, it would take some of the pressure off the moderators.
korsjs said:
i did not move your thread, but i can bet it was moved because like you said it was hijacked and it would have led to nothing good.
That's fine and I understand but it also would have been a good time for the moderator that moved it to also point out the problem plus chastise those that hijacked the thead. The moderators can't do it all themselves and if we want this board to remain as effective as it's always been (even with all the new subs), we're all going to have to help.

With 45,000 people, you can resign yourself to the fact that not everyone is anal about a place for everything and everything in its place.

Regardless if IQ, there will always be people that don't post in the proper forums or hijack threads(even for the fun of it).

Consider the source and move on....

:rolleyes:

So HD tech issues should not go into the tech support forum and any non specific discussion that has hd in it has to stay within the hd forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)