Is there a way to record and watch another channel at the same time?

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
Is there a way to record one channel while watching another if I have Dish 510 and use a ab switch? I'm technically challenged so don't be too high tech in your answer, thanks. Trying to avoid the costs of a 522 with installation....

You either need another receiver or get a 721, if you do not want to pay any more fees. You do not have to pay even the $5 pvr fee as you do now with the 510, if you had a 721.

are you trying to record to the hard drive or to a dvd,vcr? Yes and no is the answer, you can record something while watching something previously recorded. if you are asking about antenna or cable broadcast than yes justpress the tv \video button on your remote and it will still record your show on the 510 while it lets through the cable or ant. To do this just press record on a show you want or on a timer press the dvr button and select the previously recorded one to watch

I'm trying to record one channel on tv to the hard drive on the DishNetwork 510 and watch another channel at the same time. Once I am recording one channel if I try to change the channel it won't let me without "stopping recording".If I switch an AB switch I suppose I would need another antenna source?

No matter what, if you want to watch/record two different satellite channels at the same time, you need two satellite tuners - whether it's a dual-tuner box or two separate boxes.

And each TUNER needs a feed cable. Whether that cable has to go all the way to the switch, or just to a DPP Separator between the receiver and the wall depends on whether it's a dual-tuner box hooked to a DPPlus LNB or switch.

correct you would need another antenna source or another tuner, or buy a two tuner receiver. Simon has already said the rest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts