Is this a 921 Hard Drive Problem?

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
My 921 has developed some weird symptoms. It takes 20 to 30 seconds to respond to most commands. For example, if you press the guide button, it takes 20 to 30 seconds to show the guide. Once the guide is present, I can tune to a channel as normal. The channel banner takes 20 seconds to appear. All of the menu commands take 20 to 30 seconds to appear. Skipping ahead or behind takes 10 to 20 seconds. When watching DVR events or events that are not live (paused) the picture will freeze for 5 to 30 seconds every 5 or 10 minutes. Advanced Technical support said my hard drive was bad and they are replacing my unit since I have the Dish protection plan. Being a curious engineer, I did the hard drive diagnostics that are on the diagnostics menu. The hard drive test took ~ 3 hours to complete but it said the hard drive was ok. So obviously, the hard drive has not totally failed. Of coarse the unit can not be used as a DVR and it is frustrating to have to wait 30 seconds between commands. I will be receiving my replacement 921 receiver on Monday. I was curious if this had ever happened to anyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)