Is TV Japan still on 61.5?

chibi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2008
I am in California and use to watch TV Japan on 148. Recently it was removed from
148. I did not subscribe to TV Japan but I was able to watch the news and certain
programming determined by TV Japan for free.

So the question is TV Japan still on 61.5 and if so can I move my dish to point to
61.5. My zip code is 95129.

thanks

Yes, it's still on 61.5. Can you receive it from a 9xxxx zip code? I'm guessing that's going to be a challenge, but does your receiver have an option to give you the coordinates for that satellite in the "point dish" screen?

It won't be at 61.5 for very long. Dish has moved, and will move all remaining internationals, off of both the wings and onto 118. Actually, all the internationals are all at 118 now, but Dish is migrating customers with current international subscriptions free of charge. Dish is very close to completing the migration. It may be done in just a few months. I know what you mean about the short periods TV Japan is open clear. I like it, too. But if you want to see TV Japan, you will have to look at 118, and that will cost you money. And it's too late to subscribe just to be included in the free migration all new international installs/subscriptions were required to look at 118 for almost 2 years now. Good luck.

And it's too late to subscribe just to be included in the free migration all new international installs/subscriptions were required to look at 118 for almost 2 years now. Good luck.

That really sucks. I signed up in December I initially subscribed to TVJapan specifically so I could make sure I had the righ setup (and cancel after a couple of months.) When they came out to install they did not have the right dish for 118 and the Dish folks told the installer to point it at 61.5. I kept pushing for the guy to go get the right one, but he said he had to do what the Dish CSR told him and that it wouldn't matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)