Is VOOM coming soon on Dish Network?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeffdbs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 28, 2003
After Dish Network moved most of the HD channels to the 110 slot I kept my 61.5 dish up and running in hopes that major HD would return to the 61.5 slot. With all of the talk about the end of VOOM and Dish Network is strong at 61.5 it just seems simple that Dish Network will buy the VOOM satellite soon.

My questions are how much work would be needed to convert the existing VOOM receivers to 811's? And what about the Dish Network uplink to the VOOM satellite? How long would it take to start seeing Echostar 16 ( VOOM satellite) HD programming on my Dish 6000 receiver? Looking forward to more HD on Dish Network. :)

Has E* launched Echostar10 or higher yet? I thought V* was on Rainbow1? I will step out on a limb and say IF E* takes over V* they will maintain current V* setups for a time, but will eventually convert V* users to E* users.

oh geez, I don't see how anybody would want the programming that V*

The only things of value are the satellite and uplink center and the only people that could use both of those would be Sky Angel, but I don't see where they would be able to buy that stuff...

I can see how Charlie would like to get those TPs at 61.5 and a modern satellite. Will the current E* and V* HD receivers be able to share the same slot? I mean are they compatible software wise?

If they are or can be made to be, then this could be cool. Charlie is going to need a reponse to D*'s HDTV announcement by the end of the year. Making Voom programming a optional dish package.

I doubt that if E* got V* that they would move HD to 61.5
61.5 is not Conus, so be highly unlikely.
More likely that Eastern locals would be moved there, and the new bird at 105 would be HD (which was originally intended before they found out the bird sucked and didnt quite make Conus)

Conus?

Could you explain what Conus is? Voom is operating all of their services from 61.5 why couldn't E*?
Thanks

Conus Refers to what the Sat coverage is. It stands for Continental United States

This means that whatever is on CONUS covers all of the US.

Yes the V* sat covers most of the CONUS... however.. if you do some reading in the V* forums you will note that there are ALOT of people that have problems holding signal at all.

VOOM's mistake has been that they don't cater their programming enough to what I suspect is their core demographic: tech-savvy geeks (myself included). How else can you explain their failure to carry the SciFi Channel so long? ;) ...Or maybe it was TechTV. Don't remember now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts