is voom on 129 ?

iceviper

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2005
hi i live in los angeles and i been trying to point a dish at 61.5 and not haveing any luck getting 61.5 , even a dish net installer said it would be hard to get 61.5 ,
there was a thread here about getting voom channels on 129 , butt where can i get the azimuth & elevation numbers for my area?

on the web site sadoun.us/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.
the only 129 is telstar11 (T11) no 129 for Echostar , can anyone help me on this

thanks

iceviper said:
hi i live in los angeles and i been trying to point a dish at 61.5 and not haveing any luck getting 61.5 , even a dish net installer said it would be hard to get 61.5 ,
there was a thread here about getting voom channels on 129 , butt where can i get the azimuth & elevation numbers for my area?

the only 129 is telstar11 (T11) no 129 for Echostar , can anyone help me on this

thanks

For the 129 location, just type in 129 for the sat, don't select it from the list. I used that exact calculator to get my setup from Michigan, worked well.

Remember to adjust for magnetic declination, that calc doesn't do it automatically.

Hey,

I used the same web site and just entered "129" as someone pointed out above. Because I got Dtv and only kept dish for international channels (a second dish pointed at 148) i just moved the main dish (pointed at 110 and 119) to the right ( I live in northern california). didn't change elevation or anything just moved it around. Now, personally I think those channels are a waste of bandwitch. Didn't they have better channels in the original Voom package? But, it's more HD and it's still better to flip through HD channels for 5 minutes a day then through SD channels!!! :D

iceviper said:

thanks

when i use the sat peak angle finder on my tv i enter my zip code , and 129 , it gives me N/A ,,

i will try to swing the dish west from 119 and will post how it went

thanks for the info

iceviper said:
when i use the sat peak angle finder on my tv i enter my zip code , and 129 , it gives me N/A ,,

i will try to swing the dish west from 119 and will post how it went

thanks for the info

They don't have those settings in the receivers yet (if that is what you are referring to).

Did you try the Sadoun page? It is fairly straight forward, but for reference like the others said, it will be about 10+ degrees west of 119. Elevation for me from 119 to 129 dropped 6 degrees. I am in SW Michigan

Edit:
I just went to the sadoun page. Typed in LA for the city, got your long/lat and got a rough azth/elevation of 198.5/48.8 for 129 (not adjusted for magnetic declination. Compared to your 119 settings of 181.1/50.4. So drop your dish elevation a couple degrees and swing her west 17 and see what you get.

SatinKzo said:
They don't have those settings in the receivers yet (if that is what you are referring to).

Did you try the Sadoun page? It is fairly straight forward, but for reference like the others said, it will be about 10+ degrees west of 119. Elevation for me from 119 to 129 dropped 6 degrees. I am in SW Michigan

Edit:
I just went to the sadoun page. Typed in LA for the city, got your long/lat and got a rough azth/elevation of 198.5/48.8 for 129 (not adjusted for magnetic declination. Compared to your 119 settings of 181.1/50.4. So drop your dish elevation a couple degrees and swing her west 17 and see what you get.

great thanks you that helps allot

There is a nifty windows program called Satfinder available for download free. You just type in your zip code and it lists all of the settings you would ever need to tweak a dish. I zeroed in on 129 by using this program. It works great.

Spike said:
There is a nifty windows program called Satfinder available for download free. You just type in your zip code and it lists all of the settings you would ever need to tweak a dish. I zeroed in on 129 by using this program. It works great.
actually it's a java program so it (might) run on non-windows systems also.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts