...it also plays games...

Thats great!

The only two things I do with my PS3 is watch movies and when I am not doing that its running folding@home. :)

I hardly ever play games on it.

Yes it does, but downloading games is PAINFULLY slow.

I have a 15 MB connection and it takes HOURS to download one game. Like going back to a 300 baud modem.

Ouch!! Has Sony addressed this problem yet? Good thing I didn't buy a ps3 during the Christmas rush. On the bright side, it looks like their will be a lot of games released between June-end of the year.

Compare this to XBLA Video Marketplace..... I downloaded a 5GB HD episode of Jericho a few months back over my 30MB down Cablevision Optimum Online Boost connection..... Within 5 minutes it let me start watching the show,... while it continued to download the rest in the background.

Ouch!! Has Sony addressed this problem yet? Good thing I didn't buy a ps3 during the Christmas rush. On the bright side, it looks like their will be a lot of games released between June-end of the year.
Sorta, with s/w ver. 1.60 they made it to where you can download in the background.
Used it the other day to snag a couple demos while playing Oblivion.

Yes it does, but downloading games is PAINFULLY slow.

I have a 15 MB connection and it takes HOURS to download one game. Like going back to a 300 baud modem.

Something wrong as that is too slow. My DSL maxes at 1.5 MBPS, and downloads of the games are from 20-40 minutes.

Shivering Isles downloaded in about 10 minutes (all 1 GB of it) for me. 30MB throughput downstream.....

Something else is going on Scott, maybe a setting is off, or there is some noise on your line... Might be time for a tech visit.....

oops, sorry... forgot we were on a ps3 thread.... I don't know if the slowness is Sony's problem or an ISP one.....

eveyone is having the problem with the ps3 with wireless or is it also with wired? Im at my sisters house and the ps3 is about 10ft from the router they have had it since the beginning of January, I just came down to Florida, notice 1) they did not have it connecting to the internet so set it up to connect wirelessly took about 30mins to download v 1.60 on comcast cable modem. 2)going today to upgrade the connections to the tv they are using the standard av cables. Question thier tv has component and a dvi connection should i get and hdmi to dvi cable and and optical audio cable or component cables? Also would connecting a cat 5 cable to the ps3 from the router give me quicker downloads?

I have 15/2 FiOS, using the 20GB PS3 connected to a wireless gaming adapter. I think its just the PS3 servers are overloaded. Especially with the background download. I have so many things queued up, and its so slow, it seems like my PS3 is always downloading when its idle.

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)