Items stored on an external HD

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
Does anyone know of a PC (not MAC) program that can read the recorded programs from an EXT HD and put them on DVD?

I recently disconnected DishNetwork and still had some programs still on my EXT HD that I would like to see.

And as you've dropped Dish, you won't get those programs back even if you resub.

If you found a way to do it, the MPAA&RIAA would probably land black helicopters on your lawn, filled with lawyers.

And as you've dropped Dish, you won't get those programs back even if you resub.

If you found a way to do it, the MPAA&RIAA would probably land black helicopters on your lawn, filled with lawyers.

But you would want to post on the internet how you did it, BEFORE they landed, of course. ;)

i understand their need to do that. therefore i reformatted the drive to use as a backup drive for my laptop.

tivos arent encrypted, how do they get arund the rules?

I suspect that it's because Tivo doesn't have contracts with the Content Providers, so they don't care. Echostar/Dish has contracts with the Content Providers, so they have to follow the rules, or the providers could pull the channels.

The IP (Intellectual Property) space is fraught with issues like this.

And they are FORCED to do this by the CONTENT PROVIDERS.

Which is why the carriers should've all refused to concede to the content providers. (Yes, I'll keep saying this til somebody listens.)

tivos arent encrypted, how do they get arund the rules?

Never owned any of the HD Tivos, but the SD ones did indeed encrypt the shows. The encryption however was broken and tools are readily available to strip the encryption. I am actually quite surprised that nobody has broken the encryption on the DISH external disk. Oops, gotta go, there is a black helicopter landing on my lawn....:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)