It's Amost Ready.... :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's Almost Ready.... :)

AT&T is getting ready to start its second round beta testing of it's new home media portal, which combines Video on Demand via the internet with Dish Network Satellite Service.

We are proud to offer you the latest look at the Media Portal, these units will be going out to the next group of home beta testers. :) We are hoping to get our hands on one and give you a full review soon. :)

Attachments

• hz-01.jpg
    hz-01.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 423
  • hz-02.jpg
    hz-02.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 525
  • hz-03.jpg
    hz-03.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 556
Last edited by a moderator:
Now that its a dual tuner with it hooked up to my other SD TV we can still watch sperate channels correct??

I've been waiting on this before signing up with Dish... I wonder what the cost will be for the device, and if they have that stupid $300 up front lease fee.

No it has MPEG4. Basically it is a 622 with some different software, however with that said all the features in it can be added to the 622, after all what do you think the VIP is in ViP622.

If your in Texas you could be seeing it in July if all goes well, so far the first beta has gone well, now the second beta will use actual AT&T customers.

Scott Greczkowski said:
If AT&T served every state with phone service I am sure they would buy Dish.

This probably answers my question...I guess you have to have AT&T service available in your area to get one of these? I'm stuck with the locak podunk outfit for phone/broadband/etc.

Is there any real intention to enable these functions on the 622 to use any broadband connection and not just AT&T?

Yes AT&T (SBC) needs to be your provider. However again hopefully in the fall the 622 will be able to most everything the media portal does.

I got to play with one of these units when it was in an early beta and was impressed with the ease between going between the internet stuff and dish network.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts