It's Amost Ready.... :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
pdxsam said:
Gotcha. I didn't see MPEG 4 listed and the record times were identical to the 942 rather than the expanded space on the 622.

There is no real reason for them to advertise that it's an MPEG4 box as to the adverage consumer they don't know what MPEG4 is and they don't care. They just want the channels shown on the channel lineup card and could care less whats running in the backround to get it to them.

As an AT&T/SBC Dish and DSL customer in CT, this probably explains why they won't let me upgrade to HD and a 622 now. But, when I recently asked a CSR for an ETA on the MediaPortal, he said "not anytime in the near future".....

Scott, just got off the phone with AT&T. I live in Georgia and this service will be available to our area after BellSouth and AT&T merge next year. Tjhey could not answer the question if I now have a ViP622 if that receiver could be used to use their service. It would be nice to bundle all of our services and get a discount.

The call centers know nothing of this product yet, they are not going to be able to tell you anything and your going to get fustrated.

So far it will rollout in Texas and then go from there.

Connecticut will not be getting this box for awhile. This I know, however no reason why.

Does anyone know if this device is designed to support an external HDD for additional recording space? 25 hours isn't that much for HD, and then if you're storing music and pix, it will be even less. Thanks.

BTW folks I should add that this is NOT a repackaged 942/622, this was all made by the 2Wire Folks using Dish approved hardware for the Satellite portion (such as the descrambling)

This is an impressive box.

Don't call anyone yet, its still in beta, when its available in your area you can be sure you will find out about it. :)

Again this is going to be an exciting box, Internet meets television.

alan said:
what is meant by the term beta testing? thanks

It's part of the development cycle alpha...beta. It means the device is still being bug tested. A small group of people are selected to test the hardware/software for proper functionality before it is released.

dlsnyder said:
I am in California but in a Verizon area, so no 2wire for me. And no FiOs either for the forseeable future. :(

I'm in an AT&T area but can't get DSL because I'm too far away from their central office. :(

So no 2Wire for me either. I'm a AT&T/Dish Network customer.

I'm late jumping in...if your out of the AT&T service area, you can hook up to Satellite, use all of its options on the AT&T ird, & service And billing to AT&T.
If Dish upgraded the 622 to all the fancy 2WIRE options, colors, fancy guide, you could still pick AT&T.
Did't know if this part was clear.

If AT&T gets Stern, dish would be in on it also.
That should happen anyway when Adelphi gets approved to Comcast.
On demand fuctions, non dvr users, unsure?

I have been waiting for this box since the 05 CES when scott saw it in action. The latest from At&t via press releases and comments to analysts is "late summer". My big question is price. At&t has a real oppritunity to put the analyst concerns over at&t's project lightspeed to rest. If they are successful with this box at&t can slow the introduction of lightspeed to make it financally viable and do it right, if they have this box to appease customers.

I don't see this happening if the box is $500. I think at most they will charge is $299 like the 622 is at. But then again, who would purchase at that amount? All of us in this forum yes, average joe? doubtful