It's Wed the 19th - any word on TNT HD ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

waltinvt

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 16, 2004
Vermont
Just wondering if anyone else has any new info on TNT HD at 9420. Got all excited with that thread 2 days ago and then it fizzeled (damn that word doesn't look right).

Nothing on the TNT website about it.

Anyone know how much of their programming will actually be HD versus upconverted. I know they start some of the Nextel Cup Nascar races in late July and wondered if all / any will be in HD.

WaltinVt

Hang on Walt. :)

I know something but don't want to say it yet as I don't want to jinx anything. :)

I believe it is VERY safe to say you should be enjoying Fridays NBA game on channel 9420. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:

I know something but don't want to say it yet as I don't want to jinx anything. :)

I believe it is VERY safe to say you should be enjoying Fridays NBA game on channel 9420. :D

Oh Scotty, you're such a tease :p

Not sure if i missed it somewhere else, but is TNT-HD going to be available to those that only have the HD pack? Not sure if its going to be tied to TNT-SD in a Top whatever pack or not. Hope not!

From what I know it will be part of the HD Pack.

If they included it free because you got TNT SD then people would want Discovery HD and ESPN-HD free as well. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

Go ahead. There's no such thing as jinxes or curses -- at least here in Boston.

What about tonight's game #7?

Walt

Websters= "Fizzled" to fail, especially after a good start

or Snoop Dogg's "Fizz-izzled" to f**k up, esp after sounding so damn good

This article was written yesterday

STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 18, 2004--Time Warner Cable announced today it will roll out the high definition feed of Turner Network Television (TNT) beginning with the network's coverage of the first NBA Western Conference Finals playoff game on May 21. TNT is one of television's leaders in delivery of adults 18-49 and 25-54 in prime and total day. The 24/7 high definition presentation of the TNT East Coast feed will also offer Time Warner Cable customers a broad range of dramatic programming in HDTV format, including series, sports, movies and TNT Originals.

"TNT's collection of live sports, originals and top rated content is even more compelling when viewed in high-def," said Time Warner Cable Chief Marketing Officer Chuck Ellis. "TNT in HD makes a perfect complement to our ever expanding value-added HDTV package - which is available to our customers at no additional cost. Time Warner Cable continues to deliver on its promise to provide consumers with the best in choice and value for high definition programming."

TNT in HD is broadcast in 1080i 24 hours a day with all content in native HD or up-converted to HD, including commercials. TNT in HD will use Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound for all programming and promotional elements. In addition, TNT in HD will present all of its programming, including promotional content and commercials, in 16:9 wide-screen, giving viewers a consistent viewing experience.

Sounds good to me, if the NBA Game on Friday does come on and it is really in 5.1 sound that would be awesome. Does anyone know I am fairly new to HD are games ever in 5.1? I know the sunday night baseball was not....

Read the full article here
http://home.businesswire.com/portal...d=news_view&newsId=20040518005704&newsLang=en

Scott Greczkowski said:

Come On Scott you say:
We don't hold back like other sites, we are proud to tell it as it is!

So tell it as it is.

As I recall they had Discovery HD in a "preview mode" for a time on the HD demo channel when it first debuted (that word never looks right). Might they do something similar with TNT-HD?

Oh the stress of it all

Hey people......

I'm here in my office trying to concentrate ( you know, 8 hungry kids and all that ) and this thread keeps stressing me out.

I want the next post to either be " it's here! " or "Dish just posted on their site that it's definitly coming ".

I have got to get out more. :eek:

Walt - stressed out somewhere in the hills of Vermont

Just wondering if anyone else has any new info on TNT HD at 9420. Got all excited with that thread 2 days ago and then it fizzeled (damn that word doesn't look right).
TNT-HD formerly launches on Friday at 9pm.

Anyone know how much of their programming will actually be HD versus upconverted. I know they start some of the Nextel Cup Nascar races in late July and wondered if all / any will be in HD.
I think we're all anxious to see how much high-definition programming TNT-HD actually offers.

The only NASCAR race currently announced for HD on TNT-HD is the Chevy Rock and Roll 400 on September 11, but that's all subject to change. We may see more event announcements after TNT-HD launches. Aside from that, TNT-HD will show Law and Order and its movies in HD, plus its original series programming beginning this summer. Of course, TNT-HD will still have commercials.

sounds like another h-o-a-x much like the report that y-e-s would soon be availble and that D* major news that never developed

Unlike YES atleast this channel is already up and some people have seen some information being broadcast.

I know it will launch on Dish, the part I have not mentioned is how they will announce the addition, as I guess there they are still trying to figure out who will make the announcement. From what I know it will be announced Friday Morning at Team Summit at the HD Summit.

I always said that YES Network was a rumor.

Notice how I have NOT said TNT-HD is a rumor? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)