Joey 4?

It's not being abandoned. While certain people are complaining about Dish fixing issues, they're fixing the issues...
So according to you, everyone should just accept the dish equipment and not complain about the problems. If you bought a car would you complain if the brakes only worked half the time?
Sure you would, yet you want to rag on people that complain about Dish issues.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So according to you, everyone should just accept the dish equipment and not complain about the problems. If you bought a car would you complain if the brakes only worked half the time?
Sure you would, yet you want to rag on people that complain about Dish issues.
A Hopper+ isn't responsible for your life. It's an option, that, BTW, costs you N O T H I N G above your bill without it. Take it off. No harm, no foul.

You'll have to buy it from a retailer. Hopper +'s are on hold and Dish only installs Joey 4's with Hopper +

When did they start this?

Dish installed (3) Joey 4s for me months ago and I have been using them with a Hopper3 (without a "Plus" box) with no problems for months now (well, at least no major problems) ...
Yes our main TV with the H3 has a different UI than the other TVs with Joey 4s, but I don't like the Android interface anyway. I only installed the 4s to get the faster speed, more reliable connection, and on-board bluetooth.

When did they start this?

Dish installed (3) Joey 4s for me months ago and I have been using them with a Hopper3 (without a "Plus" box) with no problems for months now (well, at least no major problems) ...
Yes our main TV with the H3 has a different UI than the other TVs with Joey 4s, but I don't like the Android interface anyway. I only installed the 4s to get the faster speed, more reliable connection, and on-board bluetooth.
Your tech didn't follow the work order and because of the early glitches with installs, put in the Joey 4's but not the hopper+. We had guys doing the same thing.
I hope he left it with you because when you leave Dish, you'll be liable to return it with the rest of the equipment

Your tech didn't follow the work order and because of the early glitches with installs, put in the Joey 4's but not the hopper+. We had guys doing the same thing.
I hope he left it with you because when you leave Dish, you'll be liable to return it with the rest of the equipment

Nope -- I saw the work order when he did it. Specifically noted "No Hopper Plus should be installed" and he didn't have one on the van for me. The Customer Service rep wrote it up that way and he followed it. I knew about the early glitches and wanted the J4's but definitely not the H+.
Also checked with Dish after the install and the only equipment listed on my account are the H3 and (3) J4's. I have had service calls since then and each time verified the setup and leased equipment.

I'm not trying to argue with you -- just sharing my experience. I know others who had J4's installed WITHOUT a Hopper Plus box which is why I was asking you when Dish changed their policy.

Nope -- I saw the work order when he did it. Specifically noted "No Hopper Plus should be installed" and he didn't have one on the van for me. The Customer Service rep wrote it up that way and he followed it. I knew about the early glitches and wanted the J4's but definitely not the H+.
Also checked with Dish after the install and the only equipment listed on my account are the H3 and (3) J4's. I have had service calls since then and each time verified the setup and leased equipment.

I'm not trying to argue with you -- just sharing my experience. I know others who had J4's installed WITHOUT a Hopper Plus box which is why I was asking you when Dish changed their policy.
You got lucky and better for it!
I've never seen a work order stating to NOT install the Plus!

Hey HipKat -- I jinxed myself :shh

So recently the Bluetooth on ALL of my J4's stopped working. Any devices that I had paired and working before aren't recognized, and they won't detect anything new. And it's all 3 of them (tried all 3 with 4 different BT devices).

I called Dish support and put in a ticket so we'll see what they say, but since it's all of them it must be software related. Unless it is tied to my H3 -- I have been noticing weird audio sync problems on that for a few weeks now (audio is out of sync on some channels but not others, but no BT issues at all on that box).

So it looks like I spoke too soon .....

Hey HipKat -- I jinxed myself :shh

So recently the Bluetooth on ALL of my J4's stopped working. Any devices that I had paired and working before aren't recognized, and they won't detect anything new. And it's all 3 of them (tried all 3 with 4 different BT devices).

I called Dish support and put in a ticket so we'll see what they say, but since it's all of them it must be software related. Unless it is tied to my H3 -- I have been noticing weird audio sync problems on that for a few weeks now (audio is out of sync on some channels but not others, but no BT issues at all on that box).

So it looks like I spoke too soon .....
Definitely sounds like one of these recent software upgrades borked the BT