Joeys "lost broadband connection"

BatteryDude1975

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
I have a Hopper 3 and two Joeys. Today both the two Joeys say "lost broadband connection" they say to unplug for 10 seconds and plug back in. I have and they both still say that. The connection test on the Hopper 3 is good and it says everything is good, it's just the Joeys. Any ideas?

What do you use for Internet and is the hopper connected to your wifi?

There are known issues with some Comcast, Mediacom and AT&T Gateways and also with MiFi Hotspots. The immediate fix is to disable bridging - Press menu til you get to the diagnostic screen, press 2 for network, select internet settngs, the the Advanced tab on top, turn bridging off. Of course, this disables internet capable options at the Joeys. Or if you have one of the problematic gateways, a Hopper Internet Connector (probably want a tech for that) or a 3rd party router designated just for the Hopper will fix it

Reactions: charlesrshell
The only available internet access where we live is via MiFi and as a result we have the same issue. It’s maddening because the error pops up in a totally random manner. I have found the fastest way to correct it, albeit temporarily, is to press Home on your Hopper 3x, scroll down to Network and then Reset Network. You do not have to wait for the reset to finish (takes maybe 20 to 30secs), just turn off tv and go back to your Joey tv and it should be up by the time you get there. Much faster than rebooting the Hopper.

The only available internet access where we live is via MiFi and as a result we have the same issue. It’s maddening because the error pops up in a totally random manner. I have found the fastest way to correct it, albeit temporarily, is to press Home on your Hopper 3x, scroll down to Network and then Reset Network. You do not have to wait for the reset to finish (takes maybe 20 to 30secs), just turn off tv and go back to your Joey tv and it should be up by the time you get there. Much faster than rebooting the Hopper.

Forgot to add that resetting the network from the offending Joey doesn’t work. You must do it on the Hopper.

Reactions: HipKat
I'm confused. I've had the Joey 3 for a month or so now, and it never makes the network connection. I figured it needed an ethernet connection to my router. The Hopper 3 rarely has a network problem. Is the Joey supposed to get internet through the H3? The Joey3 doesn't have WiFi capability, right?

It get's it from the Hopper via the Bridging function. Ethernet from your router won't do anything, although, if your Joey is close enough to the router, putting a Hopper Internet Connector inline is the way to go

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)