jumping ship over broken promises?

Nayl said:
Nope Voom is still best hd there is out period,I would not go to Dish or D** atm even if they offered me a free dvr,I will wait till they get it released.

Same.... D* and E* both have big problems with their DVR's (not to mention the price).

Voom is still the best out there (with the exception of certain cable cities)

jnardone said:
1. VOOM is still getting paid.

2. We have been waiting more than 6 months.

Do you recognize yourself as that little kid who wants his bike and doesn't care that dad's unemployment check can hardly just keep food on the table?

Dvr

:) :) We are staying with VOOM
dish or direct with DVR , {{does not compare with VOOM }}
go to Wal Mart and buy a DVD recorder & player for about $200.00+

PS what is RSN
:)
bob
az

judybobPS what is RSN :) bob az[/QUOTE said:
RSN= Regional Sports Network Networks that cover Major City sports that are available usually only in that franchise area. FOX is a Major RSN.

gutter said:
Do you recognize yourself as that little brat who wants his bike and doesn't care that dad's unemployment check can hardly just keep food on the table?

Sorrry, I thought we were talking about a satellite company owned by a billionaire and a DVR first promised over a year ago.

judybob said:
PS what is RSN

Regional Sports Networks or better said Fox Sports Midwest, Fox Sports West, ect, ect, ect..

I want the ability to get all the RSN's and not just my region. My reason? I am a displaced Angels fan. I was born and raised in the LA area and have been an Angels fan my whole life. Fox Sports Midwest does me NO good! I want all the RSN's so I can get all the Angels games.

I will gladly pay extra for this. I am starting to wonder if VOOM is anti-sports. They add channels for the women, they add channels for the kids, they have added upscale channels, they have added variety channels, and now they have added channels for foreign language (more are on the way I am sure).

When was the last time VOOM added a sports channel? I will wait until December for the DVR but they have until July to get me my RSN's or I am bookin! I have patiently waited for over a year. Come July it will be almost 18 months I have waited. That's plenty of time in my book.

I do love VOOM. It is HD heaven!!!! But the lack of RSN's is a deal breaker in my book. Just my $.02

I thought we all got involved with installing VOOM due to HD and not to a DVR? If it was the DVR you were interested, then why did you not signup with Dish or Directv? Just curious.....

This is pretty funny, at least to me.

Jon, Leave. Please. Go ahead. You're right. You've been cheated, lied to, taken advantage of, and fleeced. :)

And anyone else that thinks they've been somehow slighted, or lied to, or are mad at the "broken promises", leave too.

Oh...btw...do you have a contract?...cocktail napkin?...something in writing from someone who matters?

If you signed up for VOOM because they "thought" they "might" have "something" out in "awhile"...then you're probably never going to be happy with it. There will ALWAYS be the promise of new features/functions/channels/content that may or may NOT make the timeframe that they mention.

On the other hand...if you just like HD, you might want to stick around :)

Lob (contemplating where he'll be spending his free 3-day vacation) ;)

Kudo's

Lobstah could not have said it better myself!
I've never seen such a collection of whiney babies anywhere in my entire life!
Been VOOM'ing for 4 months now and can not imagine going back to any other sat provider. E* & D* both suck in my opinion, PQ-wise (yes, VOOM has had it's issues of late, but they are being addressed) content-wise, (how many shopping channels does a family really need?) HD content (gee, they have like, a handful of channels, they are such HD leaders, watch out!!!), etc.
VOOM has done an excellent job this month by adding a large amount of SD channels. The whiney babies keep complaining that they don't want anymore SD channels, more HD. The SD is being added to be competitive. When I first got VOOM, I missed so many channels that I had before, as well as my DVR, thought I could not live without it, but within a week, I was like, DVR what, missing channels who? There was enough HD content to make me forget my previous tv-watching habits. I had evolved. I welcomed the change and now, 4 months later, all those channels I missed, are back. And guess what, I don't watch them nearly as much as I used to! To much great programming on other channels! Monsters. Equator. Rave. Ultra. HD Cinema. Discovery HD. VOOM is a wonderful place to be.
So after I've ranted on about my feelings, Jon, please call the CSR's that keep breaking promises to you. Cancel your account. And let VOOM light up someone else's world with the joy that is true HD. And when you go back to E* or D* and get your DVR, good job!!!, just remember, you'll have lesss HD channels than I can count on two hands, but we VOOMers will have more HD programming than we can shake a stick at!!!!!
VOOM, lights out @ Jon's house!!!!!

nemisis633 said:
Hey everyone,

Just got off the phone with a CSR and their new tune is "first half of 2005". Is anyone else considering jumping ship over the broken promises? It's so frustrating to me cause I signed up for voom based on the news they would have a DVR in march. My mom has one for free with dish network..

Jon

Just wondering did she get an HD DVR for free? Which one the 921 or the 942? I though Dish was leasing them and even with the lease there was a $200+ that one needs to pay. Just wondering what "free" is? If it is an SD DVR, I understand. I had the 721 and decided to sell it (I owned it). Do not buy a DVR from Dish, it will be throwing money into the garbage can. Unless, of course, you do not mind doing that. All their equipment are not MPEG-4 upgradable and they will be going this route by Fall 2005 (if you believe what Charlie said in his last CC and he does not break another promise. He is the king of broken promises if you do not believe go to the E* forum). There is no guaranteed that the equipment you own will be replaced. Best thing is always to lease if you can get around the $200+ feed.

Wow.. Never thought I'd take such a beating for just expressing an opinion about a company that fails to deliver on promises. If voom wants to make it they will have to start ACTING like a major company, its essential to just keep your mouth shut if you arent for SURE of whats happening. Voom came out with a DVR demo at CES just to consoule their customers and then broke that promise.

I'm not trying to "Dog" voom. I just beleive company's and people should keep their word. I guess that's too much to expect from this holy grail of HD.

Voom does have the best HD around. I'm sure it will be a great service in time. (assuming it survives) I do plan to stay aboard if they come out with the DVR in time.

Some of you all need to come off and stop being the great defenders of voom. It is a great service.. But let's admit its faults and give it room to improve. Happy Easter..

Jon

Electronics are notorious when it come to release dates. Electronics are rarely released on the original release date. XBOX, PS2, PSP, video games, and any other high end electronic are always late.

I do not mind if VOOM is late with the DVR and I don't see it as a broken promise. They are working out the bugs and will release it soon I am sure. I would rather it be late and work properly then to have it now and experience a ton of buggy problems.

Can you imagine the uproar if it was released now with a ton of problems? people would be jumping ship because VOOM's DVR would be buggy junk. I will wait for the DVR..

jnardone said:
Sorrry, I thought we were talking about a satellite company owned by a billionaire and a DVR first promised over a year ago.

Boy some people just don't get it. If you have a billion dollars and a company is going to cost you 3 billion to run, can you do the math? Is there enough money to run the service and answer your dreams before all this happened? We all hope so. But I have always taught my kids not to be selfish and good things come from those who wait. ( I said that when I didn't a have the money to buy it for them yet)

nemisis633 said:
Wow.. Never thought I'd take such a beating for just expressing an opinion about a company that fails to deliver on promises. If voom wants to make it they will have to start ACTING like a major company, its essential to just keep your mouth shut if you aren't for SURE of whats happening. Voom came out with a DVR demo at CES just to console their customers and then broke that promise.

I'm not trying to "Dog" voom. I just beleive company's and people should keep their word. I guess that's too much to expect from this holy grail of HD.
Jon

CES was before VOOM's own 911 occurrence. If the entire company wasn't in peril of folding, you would have a valid point and I would support you. But VOOM is in peril so go to your room until you can act civil. (teasing)

I'm not a "great defender"...in fact, if you read some of my posts in the Installation forum, you'll find I'm pretty of other areas in the company.

But you're argument just doesn't make any sense. You signed up for the service before there was a DVR availalbe. Now you're saying if they don't give you one, you'll quit. Ok...quit.

Exactly who is it you're threatening?...and what result do you expect your actions to yield?

Lob

nemisis633 said:
Wow.. Never thought I'd take such a beating for just expressing an opinion about a company that fails to deliver on promises.

Welcome to Satguys. Most of the people who beat you up are newer members who have only been hearing the promises for around 3 months. They should ask themselves how they would feel now if they had heard the same promise 15 months ago and VOOM still had not delivered.

They should also ask themselves if they would have signed up with VOOM if VOOM had flat out said they were never going to offer a DVR. This is effectively what has gone on. 17 months of promises and no DVR.

The very first claim in the VOOM FAQ (which is a sales tool) on their web site since they launched was that the DVR was coming soon. If VOOM was not using the claim that they were introducing the DVR soon to get customers then why did they list that statement first on their web site?

I am not beating on anyone with this, but I will say Dish was way behind with the release of their SO CALLLED HD DVR. It got rushed, now its no better than a boat anchor. However to appease the masses they released the 921, not even close to what was to be delivered. They installed them, now they blow money on service and replacing. There is no doubt VOOM will deliver a HD DVR, but in their current state would you? I would rather wait and have a solid receiver than end up with a E* version, and use it on my boat.

jnardone said:
Welcome to Satguys. Most of the people who beat you up are newer members who have only been The very first claim in the VOOM FAQ (which is a sales tool) on their web site since they launched was that the DVR was coming soon. If VOOM was not using the claim that they were introducing the DVR soon to get customers then why did they list that statement first on their web site?

I guess you would rather have a buggy DVR than one that really works well. No thanks. I dont' want more problems. I would rather they take their time... keep the company operating and bring the DVR out when Motorola Engineering can finish cooking it. Remember, that Direct Is going to also offer the offer the same DVR as VOOM. Ask them were their Motorala whole house solution DVR is.

I signed on to VOOM a year ago for the HD. Didn't care about the DVR at the time and willing to wait until one that really...really works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts