Just added 61.5 to my system and cant get any even transponders?

tvforme

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
new england
I just upgraded from my 811 receiver with a 211k added a second dish pointing at 61.5 and connected it to my dish 1000.2 check switch finds it and i see it on the list but I was only able to get 45% signal strength and none of the even transponders show any signal strength any ideas?

Bad connector or RG59 rather than RG6. The technology you are using is bandstacked, and the even transponders are the stacked band, i.e. higher in frequency than the unstacked band.

dish not aimed properly?

could you possibly aimed at 72? Checking thelist there are only 3 active even transponders on 72...

Still having little or no luck with signal strength

To respond to the questions yes rg6 cable I first started out with a dish 500 with a dual lnb (dp) then changed to a dish 500 single lnb dp dish both connected through my 1000.2 today I went out and purchased a 1000.4 still less than 40% signal and if i adjusted for 61.5 I lost 72 back and fourth no luck I have been managing my dish network equipment for over 20 years starting with a legacy 18" dish and one satellite I am ready to throw it all away and call direct tv to come install there equipment

I had a bad LNB and it gave me the same problem... but I have heard of bad end connectors (as in, connectors going bad).. You might have had an end connector on the 'verge of death' and when you swapped out you inadvertantly killed..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts