Just Leased 942, Now What?

scott99a

Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
I just signed up for dish network today and am pretty excited. After a long wait for my local cable company to convert to HD...I've finally given up hope.

I've leased the 942 and 625, but didn't know if these were being shipped to me before the install or is the installer bring them with him? I just didn't know if I was going to get a second, third, or fourth hand product from the installer. I was hoping they might ship new products. Does anybody really know?

Dealing with the expensive 942...I didn't want to deal with someone elses used goods or who knows...maybe there saved programs are still on the machine.

Thanks for any help...

scott99a

They normaly ship it to you directly. But if you want to know for sure - call customer service and ask. They might even give you an estimated shipping date. ;)

Ilya said:
They normaly ship it to you directly. But if you want to know for sure - call customer service and ask. They might even give you an estimated shipping date. ;)
They gave me the UPS Tracking Number... I just checked (again) and my 942 is on the UPS Delivery Truck for delivery to my home today. :cool:

Thanks for the responses...I called today and got my tracking number. The rep I first talked to when I signed up said the installer was going to bring with him...must of been a new guy. Anyway appreciate the help...and can't wait for my install Saturday!

scott99a

scott99a said:
Thanks for the responses...I called today and got my tracking number. The rep I first talked to when I signed up said the installer was going to bring with him...must of been a new guy. Anyway appreciate the help...and can't wait for my install Saturday!

Scott,

Mine did in fact show up today - about an hour after the installers had arrived and left. :mad: Mine will be installed Saturday. I'm reading the Manual now and Dish told me it was OK to go ahead and connect the unit to my set prior to them arriving. They are simply going to have to replace my LNB's and SW-21's.

Thanks to this board...Got everything hooked up this weekend and I must say I'm blown away. This 942 is freaking amazing and have no regrets on spending the 250...even though I'm going to probably have to upgrade this thing soon. The install went o.k....but did get into an argument with the installer over the benefits of upcoming mpeg4. He also said the SuperDish 1000 they installed was going to give me local OTA HD programming. Oh well for all the ignorance floating around everything did get hooked up correctly. Maybe the installer needs to start surfing some of these boards.

scott99a

When the installer arrives to do my D1000 and 942 next week, there won't be any problem with the 2700 at the other end of the house still getting 110/119, right? I can't think of any reason there'd be a problem, but thought I'd ask. I'm using the 942 as a standalone HD/DVR in my home theater room, that's why I'm not using it for the other TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts